Research Update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Entirecropslost

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this has been asked before, but I'm still not sure about this. I'm applying to a surgical subspecialty which is pretty competitive. Found out that I was accepted to a national meeting for an oral pres. Most places haven't sent out interviews yet and b/c getting interviews is half the battle, I'd like to send out an update. This would be okay right? I mean oral pres is a respectable update I think. But also, I would just email the residency director right? so hopefully she could just put a note on my application, I shouldn't bother the PD right? Thanks for any help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I know this has been asked before, but I'm still not sure about this. I'm applying to a surgical subspecialty which is pretty competitive. Found out that I was accepted to a national meeting for an oral pres. Most places haven't sent out interviews yet and b/c getting interviews is half the battle, I'd like to send out an update. This would be okay right? I mean oral pres is a respectable update I think. But also, I would just email the residency director right? so hopefully she could just put a note on my application, I shouldn't bother the PD right? Thanks for any help!!!
Right. If you look further down the page, you'll find the thread where another person and I asked about how to update programs about an abstract being accepted and winning a research award. Basically what I did was email the program coordinator of every program where I applied with a brief paragraph explaining that I was updating my ERAS, had been asked to give an oral presentation (which was the result of the abstract I had submitted), and wound up winning a research award after giving the presentation. Then I finished with a sentence explaining what the award was. I also attached a copy of my abstract.

Hope this helps, and best of luck. :)