research vs basic science grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentdoc82

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what's more important? a looooottt of research but at the cost of basic science grades (they're above average but they're not stellar) or minimal research but stellar basic science grades. i've heard that basic science isn't that important when applying to residencey but i wanted to verify the validity of that statement. obviously research is much more fun than studying :) thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

studentdoc82 said:
what's more important? a looooottt of research but at the cost of basic science grades (they're above average but they're not stellar) or minimal research but stellar basic science grades. i've heard that basic science isn't that important when applying to residencey but i wanted to verify the validity of that statement. obviously research is much more fun than studying :) thanks.
no one really cares about basic sci grades usually. but in this field its so competitive, every little thing helps to distingush you from the next guy. But you should be able to manage both reasonablly well without sacrifice.