Research year people (Doris Duke, HHMI, CRTP), where did you match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chitown82

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted in the IM thread but perhaps this is the better forum but I was just wondering where did people who took a year off to do a research fellowship (Doris Duke, HHMI, CRTP, Sarnoff, CDC, etc) match this year and in years past?

Members don't see this ad.

I posted in the IM thread but perhaps this is the better forum but I was just wondering where did people who took a year off to do a research fellowship (Doris Duke, HHMI, CRTP, Sarnoff, CDC, etc) match this year and in years past?

Are you looking for just the people that matched this year ('09)? I'm sure you are probably aware of this, but several of the Doris Duke programs have kept information on their past fellows and where they went for residency. I want to say that Sarnoff has the same, but you need to be a current fellow (w/ login) to have access to that information.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you looking for just the people that matched this year ('09)? I'm sure you are probably aware of this, but several of the Doris Duke programs have kept information on their past fellows and where they went for residency. I want to say that Sarnoff has the same, but you need to be a current fellow (w/ login) to have access to that information.

Not necessarily this year but from the past years as well. I guess I'll have to search the websites for the information (if it's online).

Speaking as a former HHMI-NIH Research Scholar, we (and I am sure this is true of other year-long fellowships too) tend to do very well in getting interviews and also tend to match at top 1 or 2 choices. Whether or not this is a result of having this on our application is debatable. I mean, the other Research Scholars from my year were all very motivated and had stellar grades, step 1 scores, etc... hope this helps...

...tend to match at top 1 or 2 choices. Whether or not this is a result of having this on our application is debatable...
I agree - most US Seniors get their top two choices already (~67% get 1st, ~15% get 2nd, IIRC). The other factors you mention only make the issue murkier.

You can talk about where they match, but even then, there's other factors - for example, someone may prefer to match at "Excellent-but-not-MGH-IM program X" because they want to be near family, are married, want a specific mentor, etc.

Where can I find the match list for Doris Duke fellows over the years?