Resending USMLE scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

serephina

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding resending USMLE scores. I'm applying to IM this year (AMG) and just received my step 2 CK score today, which wasn't bad but was disappointing in that it was much lower than my step 1 score. While no programs directly mentioned step 2 score during interview day, a few of the program websites made it sound like a step 2 score is needed before ranking (though it's not completely clear). I think most places just need it before you start intern year. Should I go ahead and resend my USMLE scores? And if so, do I just do it in ERAS? Is there anything else I need to do? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding resending USMLE scores. I'm applying to IM this year (AMG) and just received my step 2 CK score today, which wasn't bad but was disappointing in that it was much lower than my step 1 score. While no programs directly mentioned step 2 score during interview day, a few of the program websites made it sound like a step 2 score is needed before ranking (though it's not completely clear). I think most places just need it before you start intern year. Should I go ahead and resend my USMLE scores? And if so, do I just do it in ERAS? Is there anything else I need to do? Thanks in advance!

As has been mentioned on here before in multiple places, some programs will NOT rank you without a Step 2 score. Some will. You may not know which will or won't, so if they don't tell you, then you have to weigh the risks of releasing with the risks of not getting ranked.

... and before it gets asked, you send your score via ERAS, you don't have to email me to tell me it's there, and you must release it to all programs or none.

Reactions: 3 users
when you resend scores via ERAS, will the schools automatically get a notification that you've sent them/require an new download?

There is no downloading. That's old ERAS. In new Web based ERAS, all data is available immediately.

We do not get a notice that there are new scores, but it is easy to run a report and see them. Most PD's (or admins) run the report and update applications and rankings. PD's or programs that don't check presumably don't care, so it's not clear that contacting them will help. But if it will make you sleep better to contact programs about a score update, it's unlikely to hurt.

Reactions: 1 user