Residency and admissions question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melkru

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Iim graduating from undergrad in May and am moving

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Iim graduating from undergrad in May and moving to Washington state to live with my boyfriend. If I apply to WSU this cycle, will I be considered in state or out of state? I know tuition wise I would be IS because I will have established residency more than a year before the school year starts. When I'm applying though I will have only lived there for 2 or 3 months, but it would definitely be nice to have the IS advantage for admissions. Anyone been in a similar situation?

When I had to prove residency (or domicile) for this application cycle, I had to provide tax records going back more than a year. This was for WSU as an Idaho resident.

I have a feeling tuition will be based on your status when you apply, not when you matriculate - so it seems like you would be OOS for applications and thus you'd have to pay OOS tuition. Call and ask. At Cornell, you pay the tuition for whatever status you applied with, regardless of how your residency status changes after that.