Residency - and how many people applied...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking for statistics on residency programs. Specifically, how many people apply and the demographics of the applicants. Does any such numbers exist???

~above~

Members don't see this ad.

I am looking for statistics on residency programs. Specifically, how many people apply and the demographics of the applicants. Does any such numbers exist???

~above~

On ACCP's website, you can get to their monthly report, and the last numbers that I saw were in 2007 (I can't remember which month's report, though).

There's an AJHP article about residencies and applicants from 2005, but I'm not sure if they gave demographics or if there is more current information (I'd hope there'd be).

Hope that gets you started.

what the hell were you doing up at that hour, woman?

we barely got to sleep by 5. it was like a slumber party in here (none of us could sleep. we went to be at 1230)

Members don't see this ad :)
On ACCP's website, you can get to their monthly report, and the last numbers that I saw were in 2007 (I can't remember which month's report, though).

There's an AJHP article about residencies and applicants from 2005, but I'm not sure if they gave demographics or if there is more current information (I'd hope there'd be).

Hope that gets you started.

where is this monthly report? I looked around for it on the website but couldn't find it...Is it under the residency directory program portion?

I'm not feeling well... :(

oh no! does that mean we can't get Z to buy us a bottle of wine? ;) I hope you feel better - take it easy this evening!

we have the NMSHP dinner and then we're going to the hotel and trying to hit the sack. Trying to lay low tonight.

see you later!

oh no! does that mean we can't get Z to buy us a bottle of wine? ;) I hope you feel better - take it easy this evening!

we have the NMSHP dinner and then we're going to the hotel and trying to hit the sack. Trying to lay low tonight.

see you later!

Were you kids getting a little crazy down at Mid-year???

Thanks for the info - I am gonna try to hunt it down.

~above~

Found it: LINK - Scroll down to Page 4 - chart on the right

When I found it - I couldn't help but wonder - How in the world did you rememeber where you saw this??? I mean really - Who remembers they saw a table of total applicants that was 2 inches tall on Page 4 of the May issue back in 2007??? That is just rediculous!

Last edited:
Were you kids getting a little crazy down at Mid-year???

Thanks for the info - I am gonna try to hunt it down.

~above~

Found it: LINK - Scroll down to Page 4 - chart on the right

When I found it - I couldn't help but wonder - How in the world did you rememeber where you saw this??? I mean really - Who remembers they saw a table of total applicants that was 2 inches tall on Page 4 of the May issue back in 2007??? That is just rediculous!

Haha the exact same thought went through my head when i found it! I was in there looking for this huuuuge chart of like each individual school- then i see that its a 2x3 table...good memory!

:oops: I tend to remember more than I should.