residency in italy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

house_

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a graduate from a medical school in the middle east. I would like to continue my medical training in italy. I'm interested in dermatology and I wanted someone to tell me what are the steps. I need the steps in general for medical specialities in italy for international graduates. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I'm an italian medical student.
italian Burocracy is terrible, be prepared. Steps are: italian language examination, recognition of the medical diploma (they MAY require you to integrate your diploma with additional examinations; that's not easy). After these steps you arr considered as an italian graduated. Then you must pass the examination license to practice medicine in italy ( which consists of 3 months activity in hospital, plus a multiple choices test). After this you can practice medicine in italy! Now for the residency you must apply for the national competition, an extremely competitive test for each speciality.
Not easy, even for italians....
good luck

Hi, I'm a graduate from a medical school in the middle east. I would like to continue my medical training in italy. I'm interested in dermatology and I wanted someone to tell me what are the steps. I need the steps in general for medical specialities in italy for international graduates. Thank you
hello
i have now the same like your situation and i graduated this year but i want to ask the steps you did to continue residency in italy and thanks for helping

i found a couple of helpful links but still no perfectly organized steps sooo if anyone has a diagram or some sort of organized steps for a medical residency in italy for international students let us know