Residency positions and personal credit...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Imgtnold

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it tougher to gain a residency position if you have so-so credit??? Hypothetically, a couple credit cards that have gone to collections, but other accounts that will stay clean and be paid off before graduation...:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Is it tougher to gain a residency position if you have so-so credit??? Hypothetically, a couple credit cards that have gone to collections, but other accounts that will stay clean and be paid off before graduation...:confused:

I could be wrong but I don't think that credit checks are part of the residency appilcation. At least, I don't remember it.

I could be wrong but I don't think that credit checks are part of the residency appilcation. At least, I don't remember it.

Maybe it's one of those Residencies where you pay them to be there? I thought those disappeared in the '80's.

Members don't see this ad :)

Some do background checks but I do not think that they include credit. I'm not 100% certain.

Unless they are giving you a credit card and house with acceptance package. lol! I heard AMSA (American medica students association) has their own credit card and recently we recieved a general email that if one becomes a member of AMSA and completes the AMSA credit card application we get a Netter Atlas free. But i dont think they allow pods to join AMSA so i never replied. So it could be that some hospitals want to give the applicant a three bd room house and $10000 credit limit credit card and thats why they need to do credit check. Who knows man, these days anything is possible.

I purchased a portable X-ray last week and i swear the medical supplier said me that if i buy the developer and processor from him, he will give me the casettes and grid for free. And i was like:confused:, "Am i in Jewel or wallmart where they say buy a pair of shoes and get socks free":laugh: