Residency Showcase Etiquette

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDAB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am attending Midyear and it will be my first time experiencing the residency showcase. I have several programs picked out that I am interested in and plan on going to their booths during the showcase. From past attenders, what are appropriate/inappropriate/essential/possible questions to ask during the brief meeting at the showcase? I can find a majority of information on their websites- should I still ask certain questions just to seem "interested"? Any advice is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

im interested in this topic as well...hopefully someone chimes in.

Sorry that this is a late notice.

Being inciteful is very good. Do recon for each of the residencies/fellowship. Find out who/faculty could be interviewing you and see what their grab to fame is. Find out if any of the current residents/fellows got any awards/publications/experience that you would be interested in.

Good generic questions are what type of conferences or traveling can you do for presentations, whether you can lecture at the p-school, participate in any studies, ability to publish...etc.