Residency Tech

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pianoman511

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can any current or recently former residents (or attendings involved in residency programs) tell me how your residency is currently utilizing technology within the program ? This includes use of podcasts/FOAM for didactics, iPads or mobile devices during GR, and online collaboration tools. The residency program I work with is looking to expand our use, and I would like to see how others are doing things.

Thanks !

Members don't see this ad.

At UMD, residents get a free iPad and subscriptions to Dr Mattu's EKG website, Dr Winter's Crit care Perspectives podcast, and EMCast. They also get EM:RAP through the EMRA/ACEP membership. Most readings go out as PDFs distributed by our website. We also use audience response system and integrated quizzes for certain subjects.

At UMD, residents get a free iPad and subscriptions to Dr Mattu's EKG website, Dr Winter's Crit care Perspectives podcast, and EMCast. They also get EM:RAP through the EMRA/ACEP membership. Most readings go out as PDFs distributed by our website. We also use audience response system and integrated quizzes for certain subjects.
They're not directed straight to SDN EM forum for immediate cynicism building?