Residents: What electronic apps do you use for note taking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shad420w

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an IPAD and maybe getting a windows tablet soon.. I want to find an application that will be easy to take notes on. I was hoping for something that lets you save to-do lists, edit powerpoint slides and lets you scribble notes.

What do you all use?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an IPAD and maybe getting a windows tablet soon.. I want to find an application that will be easy to take notes on. I was hoping for something that lets you save to-do lists, edit powerpoint slides and lets you scribble notes.

What do you all use?

My favorite, and luckily the cheapest of those I've tried, is notability. I give it two thumbs up!

Members don't see this ad :)
Evernote is great for keeping notes. Also has apps on a lot of different platforms.

iAnnotate - the whole reason I bought an iPad. It is meant for radonc residents. Allows you to organize your PDF's and scribble, highlight, even insert pictures or audio, etc. I love it. I have a blank PDF that I use for when I just want to type/scribble notes, but I mostly use the PDF functionality for organizing my journal articles. You can import RTOG protocols, NCCN guidelines, etc and make notes on them, which I really like.