Resource Recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnWill30

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting the grind pretty soon and was hoping for some recommendations on books to buy. I have the full Kaplan set of books, but no access to the online materials because I signed up for it last year. Other then that, I am good on Psych/Soc materials and have half of a book worth of passages for CARS.

I am looking for good books that help with Ochem, gen chem, biology, and biochemistry practice. I have a feeling the Kaplan books + free resources might be enough content review. I am mostly concerned with practice material.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

For content review, I would really use the Khan Academy videos to supplement your study with the Kaplan books. The kaplan books can get very detail-oriented, to the point where sometimes students feel overwhelmed and spend a long time studying unnecessary material. The Khan Academy videos would help to keep you focused on the big picture.
There are many MCAT study resources out there. I would for sure buy the AAMC official guide questions, sample test, and Practice MCAT (scored). Another great resource for CARS is the EK 110 verbal reasoning book. Make sure to start practicing CARS right away, because it takes time to build skills necessary for CARS but students often neglect preparing for this section.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm starting the grind pretty soon and was hoping for some recommendations on books to buy. I have the full Kaplan set of books, but no access to the online materials because I signed up for it last year. Other then that, I am good on Psych/Soc materials and have half of a book worth of passages for CARS.

I am looking for good books that help with Ochem, gen chem, biology, and biochemistry practice. I have a feeling the Kaplan books + free resources might be enough content review. I am mostly concerned with practice material.

Thanks!
The advisor has it right khan academy and AAMC materials are near perfect. And honstly Google will fill in the gaps.