Resources on starting own practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

proteinbar64

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Anyone out there who could please offer me guidance on starting my own practice for primary care for adults, e.g. what resources you find helpful, things you wish you would've known, the toughest part of the process, etc. Much obliged, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Just finished writing my business plan. . .It was rough. Planning to open in June. Are you looking to open just a standard FM practice?

I want to open an office directed at primary care for adults, don't think I will have the volume to stock vaccines for peds. I think a standard FM practice, however I wish I could get my hands on a resource explaining the different practice types available e.g. concierge, home visits, etc. I feel like there must be something out there but haven't found anything significant. How did you go about framing your business plan?

Looked at a couple standard FP plans. Researched DPC and the myriad options within the model. Worked with @AtlasMD (learned from the best)