Resume/CV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daikon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just graduated last year and have been working for the wag but I'm about to start looking for another job. Walgreens isn't too bad but I'd never planned on working for them permanently, just wanted to save up enough funds to be able to relocate.

In school they told us to list all of our rotations (and brief summary of our responsibilities there), the memberships and positions we held in pharmacy organizations and things like that. That information doesn't really seem relevant now but my resume would be pretty bare without it. What do you guys include in your resume? My only real work experience is as an intern for rite aid and a pharmacist for walgreens.

Also, as far as a reference for my time at walgreens I'm not sure who I should list. I'm a floater and the scheduler rarely puts me at the same store twice so I haven't really developed any relationships with any other PICS or pharmacists. I haven't corresponded (even via email) with the district manager that hired me about a year ago since he hired me. On top of that there's been some restructuring in upper management and I don't think he's even over the pharmacy anymore. I'd appreciate any insight you guys or gals could offer.

Members don't see this ad.

I would leave mine on as well.. I will probably be looking for another job too and I had some great rotations here in the U.S. and abroad. Definitely good to talk about during interviews!

One page. Nothing looks more ridiculous than a new grad with a 5 page resume.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks folks! I'll probably condense them so that they don't take up much space but still include them. I did have some pretty interesting ones.

I wouldn't include rotations unless they were relevant to your application. Everyone's done retail and hospital rotations. Maybe if you were an intern in the health system you're applying to, it would make sense. Or if you're applying to a managed care position and you actually had a managed care rotation, since those aren't that common.

Reactions: 1 user