General Admissions & OTCAS Resume for Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jka252

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of making my resume for some of the OT master programs I will be applying to (fall 2015). Does anyone have any general advice regarding the resume for OT schools? Or even program specific tips? Particularly for Columbia, Tufts, NYU, or Bay Path's programs. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the process of making my resume for some of the OT master programs I will be applying to (fall 2015). Does anyone have any general advice regarding the resume for OT schools? Or even program specific tips? Particularly for Columbia, Tufts, NYU, or Bay Path's programs. Thanks!

Update: So I was just searching through the web and I found this website helpful for anyone who has the same question as I do regarding how to write a resume for a grad school application:

http://ccse.umn.edu/students/other-...raduate-student-resumes-and-curriculum-vitae/

Members don't see this ad :)
@jka252 i know this is a year after the fact but how did those applications work out for you? I'm doing apps for all of those schools and was just wondering how it turned out.

Hello! Here is what I did for my own resume when applying

1. Most schools don't have a specific format, but keep it organized and professional. I found websites suggest to keep a graduate school resume 2 pages at max.

2. Write about the relevant experience - I had lots of experience volunteering at theaters as an usher but felt it would not benefit me to mention it on my resume so I left it out.

3. I made sure to put a section specific to OT related experience/observation. I imagine it to be helpful to show schools i have worked with OT in any capacity and in a clearly written way. In this section I made sure to put the name of my supervisor and the number of hours I volunteered/observed.

4. Have someone proofread it! Always! there may be other ways to word what you wrote in a better more concise way.

Overall, I think my resume came out well (it must of, I will be attended a program in the fall! Haha). Good luck and I hope these tips helped.

Reactions: 1 user