retake B in biochemistry 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gandalf0222

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not taking the next sequence for biochem because its not required. I only need one quarter of Biochem. BTW, the class was really difficult, the teacher never gave us mercy (no extra credit, no curves), a third of the class dropped the class, and I believe only two or three people got A's (there were originally around 50 people). All in all, the class is hard and it is hard to get an A.

Is it worth retaking? will this look really bad? I had all A and A- up to this point. I am also a junior so I am looking forward to raising my gpa after this crappy quarter.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't. Take other classes you can do well in and move on.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, retaking the B will probably damage your application, even if you get an A. Adcoms will think you're a hopeless perfectionist who goes to pieces if something minor happens to your GPA. In med school, you're going to have to study your ass off for a B. The effort it will take to earn a B is far greater than anything you've done to date. You got a B. It shows you're human. Now, get out there and go back to getting as many As as possible.

Also, the B will still appear on your transcript and be calculated into your AMCAS GPA.

Retake that B and I'll reach through the computer screen and smack you upside the head!

I'm not taking the next sequence for biochem because its not required. I only need one quarter of Biochem. BTW, the class was really difficult, the teacher never gave us mercy (no extra credit, no curves), a third of the class dropped the class, and I believe only two or three people got A's (there were originally around 50 people). All in all, the class is hard and it is hard to get an A.

Is it worth retaking? will this look really bad? I had all A and A- up to this point. I am also a junior so I am looking forward to raising my gpa after this crappy quarter.

Reactions: 1 user