Retake math and bio? Any help helps.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDRenal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering if I should retake Calc I and Bio Human Emphasis. Got C in Calc I and a D in Bio Human Emphasis course- retook once for a C.
I am starting on this road and still very early but current science and math GPA: 2.6 I have always worked full time during school.
Long winded story under nontraditional: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/current-science-gpa-is-2-6.1088978/

Members don't see this ad.

does your school even allow retakes of C's? you're probably better off taking upper div math and bio classes to make up for those

does your school even allow retakes of C's? you're probably better off taking upper div math and bio classes to make up for those
No- but there are plenty of schools in my area. I am admitted at my state school and have options for other CC

Members don't see this ad :)
-

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Nope. I saw a video when the persons in the admissions said that if you got a C and then retook it and you got an A, it's not impressive, YOU TOOK IT TWICE! So not having an A would be bad!
The best thing is to take upper level classes! Not retaking the same class!

This is bad! Don't retake it, take an upper level class and get an A!
Agree... You retook a class and only got a C?? This is very bad...

Only retake classes that you are sure you can get an A

You should consider CC... Don't take upper div if you are getting C's and D's... That will just make your GPA drop more.

You already got an answer over in non-trad (and btw you deleted your long winded story).

Retaking a D and getting a C doesn't look good. I'd say move on from that bio course and fix whatever was wrong so that you can do much better in the rest of your courses.

Also keep in mind that MD schools average retakes. Most (all?) DO schools will do grade replacement with retakes. So your retake outcome will be different depending on what schools you apply to.