Retake or Nah? (Advice Please)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dandooon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the DAT a little while ago, but since I'm applying this cycle I have considering retaking it. I'm applying to top tier schools as well as those in California. I have a pretty good GPA and a decent extra curricular resume, but I'm not so confident with my scores. I did better on most of my practice exams so I was a little surprised. What do you guys think? Should I retake it and submit my new scores after I've submitted my app?

TS: 20
AA: 21
PAT: 22
Bio: 19
GC: 23
OC: 21
RC: 22
QR: 18

Thanks in advance! :hello:

Members don't see this ad.

You did really well on your reading comprehension and PAT sections, and your AA and TS are above average, too. You're set!

Members don't see this ad :)
You got good scores. Try to apply with what you have first. What materials did you use to study?

I would't retake unless you know exactly where you went wrong during the test. If you felt decent about it and didn't notice any glaring gaps in knowledge it is hard guarantee you'd do better a second time around. It is not easy getting into ivys with a 21 but it can be done if your resume is good, write good essays and you interview well

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I'm considering retaking because my Bio and QR scores are a little on the low side (and, like everyone else, only want to apply once). My TS is lower than the average of most schools Im applying to.

I used destroyer, crack the PAT, bootcamp, Cliffs, Chad's videos, and Topscore.

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I'm considering retaking because my Bio and QR scores are a little on the low side (and, like everyone else, only want to apply once). My TS is lower than the average of most schools Im applying to.

I used destroyer, crack the PAT, bootcamp, Cliffs, Chad's videos, and Topscore.

:laugh:

Those scores are 1 pt above the avg for accepted applicants so don't retake it unless if you are CERTAIN that you can get a 23 or higher. You run the risk of getting a lower score the second time.

I got in this cycle to my state school with a 21AA 20TS 26RC 24 BIO 19 PAT
My gpa helped me out a bit being slightly above average at 3.7 overall and 3.69 Science
I would say you should be fine, don't bother retaking thats a pretty solid score.