Retaker : Verbal Score: 23 days left !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AKMCAT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm retaking my MCAT April 24, 2014. However, my verbal score fluctuates anywhere from a 6-9. This is my weakest section ( was my weakest section first time around)! Have been preparing for 6+ months. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

How are you prepping? What are you finding hard? If it's understanding the passage...you may need to slow down and actually comprehend the passage. I found that I would read the passage for 3.5 minutes and retain nothing. I have just started reading paragraph 1 and 2 slowly. And speed up for the proceedings passages. Just trying to get an understanding of the passage that's it. I try to finish that within 2.5-3 minutes. I slow down and read the conclusion. I think the consensus is eff the details and just get the understanding of the passage and which direction it's pointing.

Reactions: 1 user
How are you prepping? What are you finding hard? If it's understanding the passage...you may need to slow down and actually comprehend the passage. me found that me would read the passage for 3.5 minutes and retain nothing. me have just started reading paragraph 1 and 2 slowly. And speed up for the proceedings passages. Just trying to get an understanding of the passage that's it. me try to finish that within 2.5-3 minutes. me slow down and read the conclusion. me think the consensus is eff the details and just get the understanding of the passage and which direction it's pointing.

I took AAMC# 7 : Got a 6 on Verbal. AAMC3-5 I was scoring 9-10. I found the length of the passages to be longer than I was used to. Thus ran out of time. I also score lower on my Princeton Review FL Verbal ~8 average.

I agree with you about reading slowly to comprehend. However, what happens during my FLs are I do really well on the first couple of passages; realize I need to speed up, rush through 2/3 passages at the end and do poorly! Not sure what to do to break this trend.

me took AAMC# 7 : Got a 6 on Verbal. AAMC3-5 me was scoring 9-10. me found the length of the passages to be longer than me was used to. Thus ran out of time. me also score lower on my Princeton Reveiw FL Verbal ~8 average.

me agree with you about reading slowly to comprehend. However, what happens during my FLs are me do really well on the first couple of passages; realize me need to speed up, rush through 2/3 passages at the end and do poorly! Not sure what to do to break this trend.
Me have the same ting happening to me

Members don't see this ad :)