Retaking expired Pre-reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

farmarcyst

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

If this topic has been posted and addressed before, than my bad since I didn't find anything similar during my topic search.

My main question is this, some pharmacy schools have requirements that mandate your science pre-reqs can't be more than 5 - 7 years old by the time of your application. It's been about 9 years since I last took general chem and bio. The school that I've been taking my pre-reqs at offers the labs separate from the lectures. Would retaking the lecture suffice or do I have to retake the labs as well?

I've asked the pre-health advisor at my school and he didn't give a clear concise answer saying that he thinks "retaking the lecture portion should be fine"

Do any of you guys know or have been in a similar situation?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I believe majority of the schools will want the lecture and the lab. But to make sure, contact the admissions office at the schools you plan to apply to and, yes, you will have to contact each school since requirements differ from school to school. They will let you know what you need to do.