Retaking in a month! Advice please!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swiftjab

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Background: After 3 summer months of full time studying in the summer and averaging 28-32 on the AAMCs. I took the MCAT on September 4th and felt good about it. I got my scores back yesterday and was shocked to find out that I got 8/6/10. I accept getting 8 in PS and 10 in BS, but I can't believe I got a 6 in Verbal since I've ranged between 9-11 in that section. The worse part is that I felt verbal was easy and was confident about verbal when walking out of the testing center. Not sure what went wrong there...

Yesterday, I registered for the Nov. 7 test date since other test dates are filled. This will be my last chance, so how should I study for it in only a month? I already went through TBR, TPR, and EK. I've finished all the AAMC exams, kaplan exams and self-assessments. The only news is that I've only done a part of EK 1001, so should I start off with that?

Thank you for your help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

What to do in one month?

Just stay sharp with reviewing the main concepts... Do a few passages from each chapter over the next couple weeks.
It sounds like your verbal is ok. The best thing you can probably do to improve for November is remain confident. Seriously, walk into the testing center knowing you can get a 10. Of course, doing some passages and staying sharp up until the exam won't hurt.

Well now that you're nearly 10 days out it's getting to be closing time.
You should be nearing the end of your practice test taking, hopefully using a good amount of (but not exclusively) AAMC tests even though you had already seen them.
Keep working on your weaknesses, be extremely focused these next 10 days, and maintain confidence.

Good luck!

Actually, when the 12/06 date became available, I pushed my test back to 12/06. So now I have about a month left. Advice please!