Retaking the CPJE for second time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Takemetoberlin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
:link:Dear SDN members,

I may have posted a redundant thread but couldn't find any relating to my situation exactly. I took the CPJE originally on Feb 1st 2014 followed by a notification a month later informing me of failing it due to a score of 71. I started studying again and resubmitted my applicaton for retaking it, along with the check and everything on April 8th (by overnight priority mail), and have confirmation that they've received it on the 9th of April. I know that 90 days must pass in order to retake the CPJE and as such, I sent in my app material in April thinking that it would take up to a month to receive my retake letter.

It's now June 14th. Not only over two months have gone by since my application was receieved but my check was cashed on the 15th of May, a month ago, and last checked today, still no retake letter in my mailbox. I'm obviously insanely frustrated so much so that I cannot even focus on studying the material anymore but just keep dwelling on the fact that the board has delayed my response letter by at least a month.

I've tried contacting the board NUMEROUS times. I've actually lost count. When I explain to the operator that Im calling to check my retake letter status he transfers me to the mailbox of a person that has not updated the greeting since the week of May 5th, and of course no responses to messages left on the mailbox. At one point in time about 3 weeks back, I succeeded at getting a hold of a lady who informed me that my letter was already in the processing department and should be sent to me within a couple of days. A month has passed since this conversation and my calls to the board over the last couple of weeks have been completely useless. The best I can do is get the front desk rep to talk to me and check my ssn after which he gives me a generic answer along the lines of "it could take up to 60 or 90 days from when my check is cashed, which completely contraindicates what he told me a month ago which was more along the lines of "one month after check is cashed a letter should be sent".

At this point I'm obviously beyond frustrated and angry. I've considered driving to sacramento in hopes of trying to speak to the processing department and getting an explanation as to why WHY they just won't sent me to this LETTER, but it's 3 hours drive, and I could just imagine showing up there just to be told exactly what I'm told on the phone and continue getting the run around. They're not even in Quality assurance right now. I know it's busy and a lot of people are graduating but I've now been working as a grad intern for about 6 months and me and my employer are both sick of it. I NEED to retake the CPJE now.

Has anyone found themselves in a similar ordeal. If so how do you handle the situation. Any ideas?

Thanks,

:mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Have you tried just going into the psi website to see if you can schedule the cpje exam? What does it say?

:link:Dear SDN members,

I may have posted a redundant thread but couldn't find any relating to my situation exactly. I took the CPJE originally on Feb 1st 2014 followed by a notification a month later informing me of failing it due to a score of 71. I started studying again and resubmitted my applicaton for retaking it, along with the check and everything on April 8th (by overnight priority mail), and have confirmation that they've received it on the 9th of April. I know that 90 days must pass in order to retake the CPJE and as such, I sent in my app material in April thinking that it would take up to a month to receive my retake letter.

It's now June 14th. Not only over two months have gone by since my application was receieved but my check was cashed on the 15th of May, a month ago, and last checked today, still no retake letter in my mailbox. I'm obviously insanely frustrated so much so that I cannot even focus on studying the material anymore but just keep dwelling on the fact that the board has delayed my response letter by at least a month.

I've tried contacting the board NUMEROUS times. I've actually lost count. When I explain to the operator that Im calling to check my retake letter status he transfers me to the mailbox of a person that has not updated the greeting since the week of May 5th, and of course no responses to messages left on the mailbox. At one point in time about 3 weeks back, I succeeded at getting a hold of a lady who informed me that my letter was already in the processing department and should be sent to me within a couple of days. A month has passed since this conversation and my calls to the board over the last couple of weeks have been completely useless. The best I can do is get the front desk rep to talk to me and check my ssn after which he gives me a generic answer along the lines of "it could take up to 60 or 90 days from when my check is cashed, which completely contraindicates what he told me a month ago which was more along the lines of "one month after check is cashed a letter should be sent".

At this point I'm obviously beyond frustrated and angry. I've considered driving to sacramento in hopes of trying to speak to the processing department and getting an explanation as to why WHY they just won't sent me to this LETTER, but it's 3 hours drive, and I could just imagine showing up there just to be told exactly what I'm told on the phone and continue getting the run around. They're not even in Quality assurance right now. I know it's busy and a lot of people are graduating but I've now been working as a grad intern for about 6 months and me and my employer are both sick of it. I NEED to retake the CPJE now.

Has anyone found themselves in a similar ordeal. If so how do you handle the situation. Any ideas?

Thanks,

:mad:

in fact.... they are in quality assurance since april 1st. and its still not over. FYI.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for your replies. I've still not received a retake letter and its been now over one month since my check has been cashed. I called again today and spoke to the receptionist who quickly routed me over to the licensing manager's desk and I got her voicemail. Didn't leave a message b/c I'd left two messages last week. I called back and spoke to board receptionist and explained this to her and she routed me to that person's boss which, according to her vm greeting is out until the 23rd of June. Called back again, and told the receptionist this and she transferred me to executive officer for whom I receieved of course a voicemail saying she'd return the voicemails she gets, and so I left a message but I don't think this will lead to any resolution. I have sent letters to the board president and vice president two weeks back but I doubt this will resolve anything but I will probably contact the congressman as the aforementioned person has done. I have a headache I'm so angry. Sacramento is a 3 hours drive and I can imagine just showing up there only to be told exactly what I have been told on the phone.

I think the Californa Board of Pharmacy needs a class action lawsuit due to there sh*tty service, unusually high fail rate of CPJE exams, and bogus QA delays.
I also failed with a 71, but got 10 points higher than my first attempt. Will third time be a charm? I dunno.

Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do. My bf is waiting to get his ATT, application sent in 5/13 and check ca$h 6/11...still waiting. contacted the board 10+ times, same with you. no luck.

I think the Californa Board of Pharmacy needs a class action lawsuit due to there sh*tty service, unusually high fail rate of CPJE exams, and bogus QA delays.
I also failed with a 71, but got 10 points higher than my first attempt. Will third time be a charm? I dunno.
Good luck on your third attempt. You will do fine as you only need a couple more points. I just took my second today.