Retaking the OAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sbui102

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
with your OAT goal you would make acceptance a slam dunk. If you have the OAT sent in with your app in Jan I'd be surprised if you had not made a decision on which school you're attending in December.

Wait a second - do you have a specific school you're shooting for? You may want to corner an admissions counselor there for a good OAT score - or check out http://www.opted.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=1 for ideal OAT scores.

good luck!

Last edited:
with your GPA and OAT combined, you should get into at least one school. Most schools ask for 300+ and I've seen people with stats similar to your be accepted. Have you applied yet/heard back? Unless you're trying to get into SUNY or Berkley who I've heard want higher scores, I think you'll be okay.

I'm actually still a Junior undergraduate, so I will not be applying until July 2013 (or whenever OPTOMCAS opens up) for the future class of 2018. I really do want to stay in Texas due to financial circumstances, so UHCO or UIWRSO are my main choices. UIWRSO told me my scores are fine, but UHCO hinted that if I have the chance to retake it, I can. I recently started restudying anyhow, but I guess I just wanted opinions on whether or not it's worth the time and money to improve my scores.