Reuse EK verbal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tiedyeddog

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I used EK verbal once and actually did well with it (was scoring 12-13 area) but voided that MCAT because of other reasons. Took it a year ago so I'm not fresh. Should I just do the EK 101 verbal again with a new book?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would try something different. I took the MCAT in 2008 May, and studied with EK verbal (also the older version) then. I'm studying to re-take it, and in the past couple of months, I noticed that too many of the passages looked familiar. Way too familiar. You'd think I'd quickly forget things like this after the MCAT is over!!

I used it a year after the fact and don't really recall most of the passages. I think memory recall is only going to slant a test session if the test is taken sooner than a year. I mean, you *might* recall some vague details, but the specific answers and what you were thinking? Not as likely. EK101 is still a great tool to keep your logic on the ball for the verbal.