Review before starting pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wmc607

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are already a few threads on this topic, but I (hate to) assume that the original posters had been in school leading up to admission to pharmacy school. I, however, took Spring '13, Fall '13, and this past spring off to work in a pharmacy before applying and am worried about what I may have forgotten. Should I just do what was suggested in similar posts, which was not worry about it and just make a note of what I don't remember during class and touch up on it afterward, or would it be more beneficial in my case to review? If so, what should I focus on?

By the way, I'll be going to UGA's College of Pharmacy if that makes a difference

Members don't see this ad.

Just enjoy your time off.

This was one of the questions I asked at my interviews and everyone seemed to just say basic math (which I'm not concerned about so.... Haha). So maybe basic math, but I agree with Jibby to enjoy the time off before we all get started.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any update on how starting school went? I see this post is a couple years old. I'm in the same boat.

Any update on how starting school went? I see this post is a couple years old. I'm in the same boat.
What I heard the most is that you can mentally prepare yourself is must. What my PCP doctor suggested me, that there will be stress and pressure especially at the beginning. Getting a good rest in a summer, checking your health, seeing a doctor to check some issues if some one has.

What I think is a good idea, not sure I want to study. But if possible check curriculum, check approximate classes, see what you think might help you to brush up your skills now. For example, there will labs for sure, and math calculation. For some it's simple, if you think you struggle with it, and if you don't mind, check what math skills you need to recall.

One girl I remember said, that she regret that she didn't know her amino acids well. I am not sure why they need at school.