BOTH Reviewing step 1 FA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Melkor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I've got the next 5 and a half weeks to purely study for step 2 (no other obligations at all) and I'm trying to plan out how I should best utilize my time. Obviously uworld is top priority and I plan on going through it once all the way and a 2nd time for questions I've flagged/missed (already went through half of it during 3rd year but I've reset it since). I also have SUTM, MTB2/3, secrets and crush I'll use here and there just to mix things up but I'm wondering if spending 2-3 full days (12 hours/day) about halfway through my study time to go through my step 1 FA (annotated w/uworld) and making a list of facts/notes on things I imagine could be semi relevant to step 2 questions (14-3-3 anyone, haha) that I haven't seen otherwise in my prep would be beneficial.

And I know its probably overkill but I've been waiting all of 3rd year to finally be able to study for days on end without having rotations to worry about so I think I should be able to put in on avg at least 10-12 hours per day for the 5 and a half weeks without burning out. Also my baseline/pre-study practice nbme was around 260 today so even if going through step 1 FA only nets me a few extra questions it could be worth it. To those who did review their step 1 annotated FA briefly during step 2 studying-did you find it helped you answer correctly on at least a few questions or even just made you more comfortable on eliminating wrong answer choices?

Members don't see this ad.

"Hi, I'm having a guaranteed threesome with two Victoria's Secret models tonight, should I wait and try to pick up one more?"

Reactions: 5 users
The whole of FA for 1 or 2 questions? You might be able to pick up more points by revising dermatology and radiology images. I thought about revising FA Step 1 and then changed my mind but I don't think I had any questions that made me wish I hadn't.

Members don't see this ad :)
Knowing UW front to back is much higher yield than trying to put yourself in a coma with FA Step 1. By all means do Crush, but I think do UW all the way through with time for repeats will still take up the bulk of your time if you're savoring the explanations. Most of the relevant Step 1 like facts (like things that be used on lab tests, such as 14-3-3) appear in the Step 2 resources.

That's exactly how many questions reviewing first aid for step 1 was for my exam in step 2: 2 question as it wasnt covered in step 2 and I had not reviewed it in so long.