Revisit Weekends

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pipettequeen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Along the interview trail, I have heard a lot of rumors about the fun and fabulous events different programs have during revisit to seduce applicants. Not that I think it really matters in making a decision, but for curiosity's sake, can anyone comment on what takes place at different schools?

Members don't see this ad.

UTSW: Really nice restaurants, a banquet welcoming applicants/"State of the program" deal, restaurants, whirley ball/museums/paintball/whatever floats your boat, dancing/clubs, meet with some potential PIs, talk with the PD, assistant PD, other students, etc etc.

UTSW: Really nice restaurants, a banquet welcoming applicants/"State of the program" deal, restaurants, whirley ball/museums/paintball/whatever floats your boat, dancing/clubs, meet with some potential PIs, talk with the PD, assistant PD, other students, etc etc.

There's whirely ball in Dallas? I thought it was a Chicago-specific thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
MCG: similar to UTSW, but we also get to go see the "Match Day celebrations," which I think is pretty neat.