Rheumatology 501c3 Jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tidelwave

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am finishing up my PGY-1 year and I am very interested in Rheum. Having looking at my insane loan burden recently it got me thinking about IBR with PSLF vs refinancing. I was wondering what kind of opportunities are out there for a Rheumatologist in regards to 501c3 jobs.

Additionally, I am a DO and had to deal with some DO prejudice nonsense when applying for residency... is this a factor for fellowship? My PD told me that I am lucky since I am a US grad but I was wondering how true that all is.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I have no idea what a 501c3 job is -- is this related to jobs in underserved areas & loan payback?

I'm on the west coast and rheumatology jobs offers start in the low to mid 200's for private practice while in academic institutions its probably lower around 180k. Getting interviews for fellowship was not a problem at all. Finding a job you want is partially about who you know as well. Be friendly with everyone, keep a lookout. But I also get daily offers for jobs (via text/phone/email) for places I don't want to be (Texas, Arizona, Illinois, all the middle states, etc).