Rho Chi Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anonymousss1234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question. I was recently invited to my school's rho chi chapter. Does anyone know if I need to maintain a certain GPA to stay in? Or is it once I'm in, I'm in?

I can't seem to find any info about this anywhere.

-anon

Members don't see this ad.

At my school, you need to be at the top 20 in class and have GPA above 3.5. I am in the Society for good as long as I maintain my GPA above 3.5 and have no infractions.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
You're in for life and you'll get absolutely nothing from it other than a cute pin

This is true, and I did Rho Chi. I even lost my Rho Chi pin, just have my BPS pin on my white coat. But, might as well have 1 more thing on your resume if you want to do residency.

Reactions: 1 user
At my school, you need to be at the top 20 in class and have GPA above 3.5. I am in the Society for good as long as I maintain my GPA above 3.5 and have no infractions.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Whoa really? Your answer is a lot different than everyone else's. You can get kicked out if your GPA gets below a 3.5? Which school?

This is true, and I did Rho Chi. I even lost my Rho Chi pin, just have my BPS pin on my white coat. But, might as well have 1 more thing on your resume if you want to do residency.

Yeah, I'm honestly not expecting to get anything out of it. It'll just be an add-on for a possible residency in the future.

I didn't get Rho Chi because after year 1 I got a A- in a lab and later found out everyone in Rho Chi had 4.0, bull if you ask me

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I didn't get Rho Chi because after year 1 I got a A- in a lab and later found out everyone in Rho Chi had 4.0, bull if you ask me

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Wow that stinks. It's kind of a shame it depends on how well you compare to your classmates instead of your actual gpa. Could be a good thing, bad thing. I feel like I barely made it in, idk.

Wow that stinks. It's kind of a shame it depends on how well you compare to your classmates instead of your actual gpa. Could be a good thing, bad thing. I feel like I barely made it in, idk.

Yeah, in my class there were 8 or 10 people with 4.0s, which meant that a lot of my classmates who had say, a 3.6 missed the cut. Meanwhile, the class before me only had 2 students with 4.0s, meaning that some of the Rho Chi people in that class had lower GPAs than the Rho Chi people in my class. (I missed it by a long shot, so it didn't affect me, but it kinda sucked for those guys.)

Rho Chi is basically like those alphabet-soup undergrad "honor societies." No one really cares outside of school and almost no one cares inside school.

At my school the cutoff for 20% ended up being like a 3.4-3.5.

Wow, seriously? I guess I lucked in being in a dumb class (almost 50% attrition after the first year....a new record for the school.) I got in Rho Chi and my GPA was far lower than 4.0. I'm fairly sure no one in my class had a 4.0.