RHS X-Ray Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JeffM

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to take the RHS exam to get X-ray certified for a dental assistant job and I was wondering if anyone has taken the test and has any information about how difficult it is, how long I should study for, and what materials I should use to study?

Members don't see this ad.

I have to take the RHS exam to get X-ray certified for a dental assistant job and I was wondering if anyone has taken the test and has any information about how difficult it is, how long I should study for, and what materials I should use to study?

Hi.. Did you take RHS? Could you please give some information?...
I'll be very happy if I hear something about RHS...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi.. Did you take RHS? Could you please give some information?...
I'll be very happy if I hear something about RHS...
My class took the RHS exam for NELDA certification and it had a lot of random facts. We used Dale foundation's RHS modules and practice exams. I would suggest you know every fact, because you never know what is going to be asked and we thought we were gonna fail during the exam haha. But due to the lenient grading system we all passed, so I think that if you know the main points, you should be good without know every little detail, but if you want to feel safe, I would recommend looking into the details. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
My class took the RHS exam for NELDA certification and it had a lot of random facts. We used Dale foundation's RHS modules and practice exams. I would suggest you know every fact, because you never know what is going to be asked and we thought we were gonna fail during the exam haha. But due to the lenient grading system we all passed, so I think that if you know the main points, you should be good without know every little detail, but if you want to feel safe, I would recommend looking into the details. Good luck!

Thank you for your consideration. I think I will take the online course of Dale foundation too...

I took the RHS exam in the fall. I used the Dental Radiography Principles and Techniques fourth edition. What was most helpful was the evolve.elsevier website that had interactive exercises and tests/quizzes. Let me know if you have any other questions

I took the RHS exam in the fall. I used the Dental Radiography Principles and Techniques fourth edition. What was most helpful was the evolve.elsevier website that had interactive exercises and tests/quizzes. Let me know if you have any other questions

Congratulations passing your exam!
I am very happy to hear a book name. The author of the book is Joen Lannucci, isn't it? And how can I reach the elsevier web site? Does a library help me to access?
And what about this address: Flashcards DANB RHS EXAM - study guide | Quizlet ??
If you could please look the address I gave above, can you say that the questions are similar to the real exam?
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

I just passed my RHS exam thank you for your recommendations. The evolve.elsevier website really worked for me.
I only found the e-book "Dental Radiography Principles and Techniques fourth edition" and solved the quizzes on the evolve.elsevier.
Thank you MSMKMC at all!

This exam is a beginning for me..

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-9_18-31-44.png
    upload_2017-5-9_18-31-44.png
    665.5 KB · Views: 92
How long did people study for this test? I just bought a study guide for the RHS and its a big book...I'm not exactly sure how in depth I should know things and for how long I should study for. Thanks!

How long did people study for this test? I just bought a study guide for the RHS and its a big book...I'm not exactly sure how in depth I should know things and for how long I should study for. Thanks!

How long did you end up needing to study for the exam?