RISE my fellow residents... rise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djmd

an Antediluvian
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok its RISE time. again...

Always curious how programs take theirs...

Personally we jsut get our login and password, and then we have to take them whenever we have time in a two week period. At work at your desk is encouraged, but no one really cares.

Oh and we don't do anything with the scores, no rank the residents...

ok people how do you take the RISE? :scared: :sleep: :) :thumbdown: :thumbup: pick one, or tell us.

Members don't see this ad.

At my program the exam is proctored,we all do it together during the scheduled work day. It is basically a day off. The exam is solely for self-assessment, no pressure.

pathdoc68 said:
At my program the exam is proctored,we all do it together during the scheduled work day. It is basically a day off. The exam is solely for self-assessment, no pressure.
ditto, 'cept we do it in 2 half-days. btw, thought CP this yr was tuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
We are given the password and instructions to take it when we have free time. For most people this probably means over the weekend. I suppose you could get excused from your duties to take it if you really whined a lot.

From a first-time taker...

Our program booked a computer lab so we got the day off (it wasn't previously done this way) to take it, no proctoring.

A side-effect was that this apparently resulted in a director of surg path putting on scrubs.

I thought there was a lot of tox in the clin chem part. And if you knew your hemepath and flow you would have aced special topics and a fair bit of CP.