Rising Junior, 3.76 Cumulative GPA, 3.69 Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

farnk20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just looking for a first impression of what sort of schools I should be looking at. I attend a top 20 university and am a BA liberal studies major and supplementary pre-med major. Science classes and grades so far:
Calculus A: A
Calculus B: A
Chemistry (General) I: A-
Chemistry (General) II: A, lab component: A
Chemistry (Organic) I: A
Chemistry (Organic) II: B-, lab component: B+
Biology A: A-, lab component A
Biology B: B, lab component A

Note that while I took a lab with each of these courses, not all lab component grades were reported separately, but I have noted my grade in each when this was the case.
Science GPA: 3.69 by my calculations, compared to a 3.76 cumulative. My other courses consist of a fairly standard core curriculum of liberal arts classes from Italian to economics. This fall, I'll be taking physics, ethics, a class required for my liberal arts major, and cell biology. I should be on track to take MCATs next spring.

I would really appreciate any advice you could give me regarding what sorts of schools my statistics might be fit for, or really any sort of guidance whatsoever. I'm a Pennsylvania resident, if that helps.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: