Rite Aid In Salisbury, MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
L

Lillianna

I was wondering if anyone else who lived in MD got their offer from Rite Aid and wouldn't mind sharing their rate with me because I just got my offer letter recently and I was surprised at how low the hiring rate was. People who live in Philly were making around $60 an around and those in Virginia ~56, I understand the rate varies by location but mine was ~$53 an hour, I was wondering if people in this area are making the same amount or if they are intentionally just lowering my rate. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

oh really :(

But the cost of living here is pretty expensive, it's a suburban neighborhood, so shouldn't i get pay more or at least average of what other places are playing. People in Philly are getting ~$60 an hour and this place is just as expensive as Philly despite it not being a big city

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
They low balling you lol... but nothing you can do. You have 0 experience as pharmacist.

New grad is normally hired at minimum pay at any chain. They have a pay guidelines from min (0 experience), mid point (>3 years experience), to max pay (seasoned rph with excellent annual review). The difference is around $7 from min to max.

They low balling you lol... but nothing you can do. You have 0 experience as pharmacist.

New grad is normally hired at minimum pay at any chain. They have a pay guidelines from min (0 experience), mid point (>3 years experience), to max pay (seasoned rph with excellent annual review). The difference is around $7 from min to max.

Really, you have no clue. The spread from 1st year to seasoned vet is more live $16.00 per hour

I thought you often made more than that when in a smaller city. I was offered more to go to a more rural and underserved/poor area (~62/63) and $5 less per hour in a slightly more desirable city.

I'd keep looking unless you're not able to find anything.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry, I'm more confused than before. I was with Rite Aid since i was an Intern and all Interns get the same pay regardless of area, as an intern the pay is based on your class year, for example py1, py2, py3; however it's when you become a pharmacist that the rate is different depending on location. I was just wondering why my location is so much lower than other areas even though the cause of living here is still quite high.

:inpain:

I thought you often made more than that when in a smaller city. I was offered more to go to a more rural and underserved/poor area (~62/63) and $5 less per hour in a slightly more desirable city.

I'd keep looking unless you're not able to find anything.

you're right, that's what i thought too!

Could just be because it's Maryland and Maryland is fairly saturated right now. I'm originally from the DC part of MD and considered moving back, but that probably won't happen.

Really, you have no clue. The spread from 1st year to seasoned vet is more live $16.00 per hour
What I see is around $7 in the same store same title, different experience. Minimal exp staff rph and max manager in the bonnies, I see the pay difference is up to $15 = New grad STAFF in desirable area vs. manager in boonies. I've never seen $15 difference with the same job title (new staff vs. experienced staff), and same store.

Gotta love working for CVS if the pay difference can be $15 with the same title, same store...

Sorry, I'm more confused than before. I was with Rite Aid since i was an Intern and all Interns get the same pay regardless of area, as an intern the pay is based on your class year, for example py1, py2, py3; however it's when you become a pharmacist that the rate is different depending on location. I was just wondering why my location is so much lower than other areas even though the cause of living here is still quite high.

:inpain:

Cost of living has little factor in determining your pay... it's more about desirability of that area. Boonies (high pay) vs. city (low pay - tons of applicants). For example in CA, if it's a good decent city in Southern CA as staff, your pay is going to be low ~60-65. Bum fu3k Egypt, I have seen chains paying $74-75/hr. This is where San Diego and Los Angeles is 3.5 hours away from that store and one of the sh1ttiest city one can ever live in - no movie theater, 2/10 rating public school, 0 entertainment, not even a Walmart, lack of jobs, 20k population with closest other decent city is 2 hours away.

If your mentioned city has decent entertainment, good restaurants, decent # of fools that want to replace you, good public school, good neighboring cities (within 30 mins drive), it's going to be low pay. Don't matter if it's major metro or not.

Are there no small city folk in this forum? It wasn't that bad living in a small city for a few years. It seems like everyone here is from California.

lmao...stop pulling numbers out of your ass. I helped screened apps for hiring with my old rx supervisor for wags and that 16.00/hr spread is bogus.

oh really :(

But the cost of living here is pretty expensive, it's a suburban neighborhood, so shouldn't i get pay more or at least average of what other places are playing. People in Philly are getting ~$60 an hour and this place is just as expensive as Philly despite it not being a big city

From my understanding RAD pays the lowest of the 3 majors chains around the MD area.

Aren't you a new grad?

Chains stores do not care about cost of living, it's all based purely on demand/experience.

$53 is accurate. I worked at another chain in the area making $6 more. I talked to a Rite Aid pharmacist and he said he was making $53 and it was low but he liked his schedule which was a few days on and a few days off.

BTW the Rite Aid pharmacist I spoke to who was making $53/hour was at least 3-4 years out of school so he was not a new grad.

BTW the Rite Aid pharmacist I spoke to who was making $53/hour was at least 3-4 years out of school so he was not a new grad.
wow - that salary seems low. When I worked for Eckerd then shortly for RA after the buy out 8 years ago I was making 52.50 in a NC city.