RN to MD/DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acceptmeplease

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.74 Sgpa
3.52 cgpa

27 mcat (8/10/9)

B.S. in biology, minor in chemistry
Post-bacc ADN in Nursing.

Louisiana resident...I applied a few years ago with a 23 mcat and obviously wasn't successful. Went to nursing school and worked 3 jobs to pay for it. Before nursing, my cgpa was 3.8, but working so much and studying for the mcat didn't allow for As in clinical.

I have an original publication. Since applying the first time, I have 520 hours as an ER tech, several hundred hours as an RN, an improved mcat score, but a lower cgpa.

The state MD schools I have applied to have an average acceptance s/cgpa of 3.6 and mcat of 27-28. Do I stand a good shot?

I don't mind applying to DO schools, as some of the best docs I've worked with were DOs, but you can't beat an in-state public school's tuition.

My biggest weakness will be my grade trend, but I think if given an interview, I have a reasonable explanation for it.

Think I stand a chance?

Members don't see this ad.

Although i'm no expert, I say you stand a great chance for D.O and still a chance for your state MD school.

Good luck!