Rochester AEGD international program 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

savvy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
did anyone heard about interview....
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

did you receive interview invitation, if so when ....

Members don't see this ad :)
No, it asked me to send an email with subject line "Interview" and other info, then they will send a date for an interview.

Got an interview date on Sept. 29
hey hi congrats and all the best....,
Where are u from.....?
when did they ask you to send interview mail?
what is expected in the interview like a viva or just simple questions about our experience? do you have any idea?
please brief us if u know

As soon as I got the email from Mona Fine on Aug 19. I just followed her instructions.
I just wrote her back and the title of the email is Interview and wrote what she told me to write and its the following:

" My application for the AEGD Program is considered complete. Therefore I would like to be considered for an interview.
Your full name as it appears on your application’’

As soon as I replied to her email I got an interview date.

i have my interview on october 8th. anyone has any idea what they ask and how the interview could be. thanks!!! good luck everyone

Anyone willing to share accommodation for the October 8th interview ?

What is the deadline .. PASS says Oct 1st . Thanks in Advance >..

being an international dentist, after 2 years of aegd program rochester, can we practice in the USA? which all states?

I wish good luck and congrats those who all received interviews. Please do share the experience of the interview.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
can we do a part time job there at rochester along with AEGD???? to make money for our own expenses...? i mean do we have that much of time after institutional work....
and what are the timings for AEGD candidates???

Got an interview date on Sept. 29
Hi tannlege,
could you please share you interview experience, how long the interview was? do they ask any clinical related question. please share you thoughts.
thanks

Hi tannlege,
could you please share you interview experience, how long the interview was? do they ask any clinical related question. please share you thoughts.
thanks

Hi Savvy,

The interview was long wait. I was scheduled to have my interview at 9 am. I got interviewed by the Director around 12pm and after the interview with the director, I had to wait for an hour and a half for the next interview, done by the assistant director. If you're flying in to Rochester make sure that your flight is after 5pm and just in case, you are staying in a hotel make sure to bring your luggage with you or check out of your room and have it placed in the hotel's luggage room so you may get it after the interview. There were approximately 20 applicants yesterday with very impressive background like for example, there this guy who has over 15 years of clinical experience and teaching experience. Some have a masters and some have published articles. So program is very competitive. So Savvy, just relax and be yourself. They just wanted to know who you are and if you are a good fit with their program and if your personality and background checks out with your application you submitted. They asked the most basic questions like introduce yourself or tell me about yourself? What are you going to do when you are rejected from this program? These are some of the questions I remember. Remember these questions are very basic and these people have been doing this so long and in how you respond to it will determine if you are what they are looking for. Its good to sell yourself but not to much. be humble and in the end its not about you. Its how you can contribute to the program. These are the basic things any school or employer evaluate people for an interview. So good luck and remember, just relax and enjoy the experience and everything will be alright.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Savvy,

The interview was long wait. I was scheduled to have my interview at 9 am. I got interviewed by the Director around 12pm and after the interview with the director, I had to wait for an hour and a half for the next interview, done by the assistant director. If you're flying in to Rochester make sure that your flight is after 5pm and just in case, you are staying in a hotel make sure to bring your luggage with you or check out of your room and have it placed in the hotel's luggage room so you may get it after the interview. There were approximately 20 applicants yesterday with very impressive background like for example, there this guy who has over 15 years of clinical experience and teaching experience. Some have a masters and some have published articles. So program is very competitive. So Savvy, just relax and be yourself. They just wanted to know who you are and if you are a good fit with their program and if your personality and background checks out with your application you submitted. They asked the most basic questions like introduce yourself or tell me about yourself? What are you going to do when you are rejected from this program? These are some of the questions I remember. Remember these questions are very basic and these people have been doing this so long and in how you respond to it will determine if you are what they are looking for. Its good to sell yourself but not to much. be humble and in the end its not about you. Its how you can contribute to the program. These are the basic things any school or employer evaluate people for an interview. So good luck and remember, just relax and enjoy the experience and everything will be alright.

By the way, read this guys experience: My review of Aegd 2yr International program at University of Rochester

Its very well written and it sums up everything you want to know about Rochester.

By the way, read this guys experience: My review of Aegd 2yr International program at University of Rochester

Its very well written and it sums up everything you want to know about Rochester.
hi tannlege,
please provide any information if u have for this....can we do a part time job there at rochester along with AEGD???? to make money for our own expenses...? i mean do we have that much of time after institutional work....
and what are the work timings for AEGD candidates???

hi tannlege,
please provide any information if u have for this....can we do a part time job there at rochester along with AEGD???? to make money for our own expenses...? i mean do we have that much of time after institutional work....
and what are the work timings for AEGD candidates???

First of all it depends on your immigration status, if a person is on a F1 visa, that person could only work for a specific number of hours/week. A person could not practice dentistry without a dental license. But if your thinking of a different line of work outside dentistry, then of course you can do that but remember the restrictions. Based on my encounter with the AEGD residents, they gave me an impression that you won't have time to work due to lots of reading literature and seeing patients. But if you are a type person who can manage that so do it cuz i know people who actually combined post grad and part time work as a barista and were able to finish the post grad in posth. But me personally, I can't do that. I would prefer to concentrate with my studies alone

First of all it depends on your immigration status, if a person is on a F1 visa, that person could only work for a specific number of hours/week. A person could not practice dentistry without a dental license. But if your thinking of a different line of work outside dentistry, then of course you can do that but remember the restrictions. Based on my encounter with the AEGD residents, they gave me an impression that you won't have time to work due to lots of reading literature and seeing patients. But if you are a type person who can manage that so do it cuz i know people who actually combined post grad and part time work as a barista and were able to finish the post grad in posth. But me personally, I can't do that. I would prefer to concentrate with my studies alone
wow, thank you for the reply.....
actually i have been scheduled for interview on 29th oct...so asked this just to clear all doubts regarding financial aspects too...cos if selected....i will be getting f1 visa as i m from INDIA.... for which they allow 20 hrs a week i think....

Hi Savvy,

Thanks for your advice, each batch, they interviewing 20 applicants, they conduct interview till December I guess, more then 150 applicants. really very competitive as I have invited 8th of October.

Hi Savvy,

Hey, tannlege,

are their asking any clinical based question, appreciate you reply please.
thanks

Hey, tannlege,

are their asking any clinical based question, appreciate you reply please.
thanks

Hey Savvy,

No, they do not ask any clinical questions. They also ask what are you going to do in 5 years.

Good luck

wow, thank you for the reply.....
actually i have been scheduled for interview on 29th oct...so asked this just to clear all doubts regarding financial aspects too...cos if selected....i will be getting f1 visa as i m from INDIA.... for which they allow 20 hrs a week i think....
Can you please tel me your experience about the interview..duration,question ,no of candidate ,and what all documents do we need to carry along with us ?

i have my interview on october 8th. anyone has any idea what they ask and how the interview could be. thanks!!! good luck everyone
Can you please tel me your experience about the interview..duration,question ,no of candidate ,and what all documents do we need to carry along with us ?

How was your interview? What all did they ask? And how many people were in your interview date?

Thanks for your advice, each batch, they interviewing 20 applicants, they conduct interview till December I guess, more then 150 applicants. really very competitive as I have invited 8th of October.

@savvy how did your interview go? What all did they ask you? Was the competition competitive? the other applicants I mean?

Hey semma,
interview went very well, it all about basic as the tannlege said, no clinical question just they wants to know , who you are ? yes it is competitive I mean with 15 - 20 year experience applicant you can see. good luck when is ur interview.

Hey semma, when is your interview?

@savvy how did your interview go? What all did they ask you? Was the competition competitive? the other applicants I mean?

Mona foy asked me to email the AMBASSADOR and tell him that i have an interview for general dentistry. Who is the ambassador that she's talking about.

About ambassaor really don't now, email back and ask her........ when is your interview.

What the ratio of domestic:international acceptance[/QUOT

experienceis cool,no stress,they want know in person, tell me about urself, 5 years from now u see urself? be yourself? no document to be carried.

Hi All,

Has any one heard about the interview?
Does anyone know how many places are there for 2016?

Mona foy asked me to email the AMBASSADOR and tell him that i have an interview for general dentistry. Who is the ambassador that she's talking about.
Hi,
I think she meant when you reach the department contact the ambassador (reception / or anyone assigned) and let them know , that you are there for an interview...

Reactions: 1 user
I have received and email from Mona, I have an Interview in Nov..

Hi Postdental.
I have mine on the 19th of Nov at 10.30 am.
When is yours?

They asked me basic questions like what did you do after you graduated and where do you see yourself in 5 years. They were very friendly.

U know whats funny? I don't think this guy ever got in. What tells you how crazy the interview process can be, you may feel that it went great but it did not, or maybe you think you did horrible but still you get an offer. It seems that this thread keeps repeating itself every year. Good luck to everybody Rochester is an amazing program!

U know whats funny? I don't think this guy ever got in. What tells you how crazy the interview process can be, you may feel that it went great but it did not, or maybe you think you did horrible but still you get an offer. It seems that this thread keeps repeating itself every year. Good luck to everybody Rochester is an amazing program!

I agree with you that the interview process is really crazy but what made you say that he never got in? ( I assume, the reason you said that, is because you are or was a resident of Rochester) or he might have accepted an offer from another program? but that's not the point. The reason I quoted him is that the guy was just sharing his personal experience with the application process at Rochester and It was very well written (some occasional grammar mistakes, but nevertheless well written).
If you read other threads regarding advanced standing; the questions are all the same and it keeps repeating itself also.

I agree with you that the interview process is really crazy but what made you say that he never got in? ( I assume, the reason you said that, is because you are or was a resident of Rochester) or he might have accepted an offer from another program? but that's not the point. The reason I quoted him is that the guy was just sharing his personal experience with the application process at Rochester and It was very well written (some occasional grammar mistakes, but nevertheless well written).
If you read other threads regarding advanced standing; the questions are all the same and it keeps repeating itself also.
Yes I was a resident and when was I was applying I read the same post, you are right it was really helpful. I did not have the intention to question your post but just to make a point in how is the interview process. They are trying to come up with a group that can work well together that's all. So people without experience ( like me at that time) or with a lot of experience are always welcome. Good luck I wish you the best !

AEGD EIOH Rochester
declaration of selected candidates or candidates in waiting list should be expected by which date??? also do they inform about non selection to other candidates too.???

please opine