Rochester AEGD International Program 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Today i got an email with interview date Nov 17th

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

This would be my second interview.. first time was in 2013... back then I only had great clinical experience, no boards, only toefl...
this time I have part 1 & 2 passed, toelf, and an internship prosthodontics...

Back on those days applicants had to request and interview date.. this time surprisingly I got an email....
most likely Won't go but I'm not sure yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Gabooncito@ yeah you are right because I think I didn't remember where but I have read that this time process will be different and they are not going to conduct all applicants' IV... they are going to filter it out and then Schedule their IV. Now, I am not sure that they have followed this new process or not... hard to change old habits hahaha
But, if it's true and follow it, guy, who got IV good luck you have more probability to get in

This would be my second interview.. first time was in 2013... back then I only had great clinical experience, no boards, only toefl...
this time I have part 1 & 2 passed, toelf, and an internship prosthodontics...

Congrats!
You definitely have better chance to get in now with both your boards and the internship plus you can't ignore the fact that you been there before so you will be more comfortable with the interview.
You still got time from here until Nov. 17, to think about it, if you end up not going. Turn down the invitation with time so that opportunity to interview is given to someone else.

Good Luck!

Congrats!
You definitely have better chance to get in now with both your boards and the internship plus you can't ignore the fact that you been there before so you will be more comfortable with the interview.
You still got time from here until Nov. 17, to think about it, if you end up not going. Turn down the invitation with time so that opportunity to interview is given to someone else.

Good Luck!

Thank you!

Anyone can throw some light on what type of applicants they r seeking exactly ? and what to expect at IV ? esp I want to know from someone who's a reapplicant to rochester? what was the reason u were not accepted last time? pls share, itl b appreciated
And this year uptill now from what I know rochester has called 5 batches for IV. Idk how big one batch is!
13th Oct
20Oct
27 Oct
10 Nov
17 Nov

Last edited:
Anyone can throw some light on what type of applicants they r seeking exactly ? and what to expect at IV ? esp I want to know from someone who's a reapplicant to rochester? what was the reason u were not accepted last time? pls share, itl b appreciated
And this year uptill now from what I know rochester has called 5 batches for IV. Idk how big one batch is!
13th Oct
20Oct
27 Oct
10 Nov
17 Nov

I was told that 200 were recived. SO far 5 batches of 15-20 per interview = 75-100 still leaving out lots of other people. Again they are interviewing a variety of people and filtering out whomever they think is the full packet for them. (some people say "i sent my application and still no interview", application submitted does not imply guarantee IV )
They want qualify people in dentistry, meaning that the GPA doesn't have to be 4.0 but that it shows your are consistent, that you have volunteer, that you have good character, and that you will be dedicated to the program for those 2 years completely.

This is for whomever reads this:
I was told the program is extremely intense since you have to take care of patients from 8-5pm, do research and possible outside work(community work). In my opinion, it is a great program!! If you don't get a chance to interview, and you can afford to visit go see them. Buffalo University is 1hr from them so you can arrange to visit both campus even if you don't have an interview(call them first) because in the end this is part of your research in this whole process from a FTD to license in USA.

Again whatever i post is for whomever see it and finds any help in it, not ONE particular person.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I was told that 200 were recived. SO far 5 batches of 15-20 per interview = 75-100 still leaving out lots of other people. Again they are interviewing a variety of people and filtering out whomever they think is the full packet for them. (some people say "i sent my application and still no interview", application submitted does not imply guarantee IV )
They want qualify people in dentistry, meaning that the GPA doesn't have to be 4.0 but that it shows your are consistent, that you have volunteer, that you have good character, and that you will be dedicated to the program for those 2 years completely.

I was told the program is extremely intense since you have to take care of patients from 8-5pm, do research and possible outside work(community work). In my opinion, it is a great program!! If you don't get a chance to interview, and you can afford to visit go see them. Buffalo University is 1hr from them so you can arrange to visit both campus even if you don't have an interview(call them first) because in the end this is part of your research in this whole process from a FTD to license in USA.

Again whatever i post is for whomever see it and finds any help in it, not ONE particular person.

Cheers!
Thanks

Hoping those that had interviews today and the upcoming days will be kind enough to post their experiences and tips into the program!! How the interview went, and if stat were ask about, how many others where interview?

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Any kind soul who had an interview already willing to share their experiences?

Sure man. Interview was so casual. You get positive vibes as soon as u step in. You get interviewed with the 3 doctors plus another lady. It was like having a cup of coffee with them. They just wanna know you as a person. The dental assistant gave us a tour of the dental building. The residents were also nice. Everyone tells you anything you ask them. I cant tell what they are looking for exactly because the interview was really good for everyone. Positive energy is all i saw there. Especially the director, really down to earth. Very neat place. Good luck to everyone

Sure man. Interview was so casual. You get positive vibes as soon as u step in. You get interviewed with the 3 doctors plus another lady. It was like having a cup of coffee with them. They just wanna know you as a person. The dental assistant gave us a tour of the dental building. The residents were also nice. Everyone tells you anything you ask them. I cant tell what they are looking for exactly because the interview was really good for everyone. Positive energy is all i saw there. Especially the director, really down to earth. Very neat place. Good luck to everyone

Great to hear! As i mention before, they really want to get a feel that you are a well rounded person who love dentistry! Best of luck !!!!

I believe @Urend also had an interview on the 13th, do you mind sharing your experience and if stat were brought into place?
Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
It was exactly as Kdhami91 said, they have this atmosphere which every 1 feels welcomed and relaxed.
just be yourself and have confidence. GL to everybody who is interviewing in the coming weeks.

Cheers!

Just recently figured there was a batch on 6th Oct as well for interview so total 6 batches uptil now. and each batch approx 25-20 so they are interviewing 150 approx! my IV is next on 20th.
Any experience would be highly appreciated

Mine is on oct27th, anyone else going that date?

New info from inside the program:

they recived a total of 200 application when the due date closed.
They need to fill 10 spots!

Good luck everyone
Hey guys
Good to see this stuff.. I m sorry for delaying but I have just started to look around on forum n I saw this post which has many many useful information.
I had my interview at rochester on 13th oct and as others has mentioned that there are 3 doctors including a director and 2 Assis directors take interview and then administrative lady also takes an interview. And all 4 are very nice and informal so don't worry just b your self. Who knows who will get this opportunity. I couldn't find how many sits do they hv but administrator has mentioned during my interview that 25 applicants fight for a place. Another important thing I found out that they are taking interview each week. I m not repeating other info which is already mentioned before. But, if any one has any question, plz don't hesitate...

Thanks for creating this group.

Those who had interview yesterday, please post about how was interview? how many people ?

Those who had interview yesterday, please post about how was interview? how many people ?

There were almost 27 people for IV on 20th. It was alright I guess just be yourself. Be honest like everyone else explained. Same

SO i been getting a lot of PM in my inbox by people that are just lurking the post:confused:, but have not decided to post one comment of even mention that they went on an interview and share their experience. In my opinion a bit selfish and just plain sneaky.

I can understand you can go in and check a post and READ every post and share as a result, not just take, take and take info and then want to be given more info but if you have info not share it, am i being confusing? it is just really annoying, anyways....i will post a few things that it may answer questions to those that have inbox me. I hope it helps. As you all can see i try posting info that will benefit whoever reads this:

So this program is a fantastic program, there are very few post on SDN about Rochester just because of that because is very straight forward. (the more confusing a program the more posts, i think due to my research) They do things according to date, and organize. The moment the application due date closed they started sending out IV unlike other programs where you are just wondering when they will start:whistle:

This is their main page:
https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/dent...nal-Postdoctoral-Dental-Training-Program.aspx

Besides the AEGD programs they have other specialties that do take FTD. You can actually apply to more than one program at a time, but i don't recommend it too much (Imo).
https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/Dentistry/education/advanced-ed.aspx

They have the lowest tuition for a AEGD program in my opinion. I say this because tons of people have PM saying how much and will they pay you. Are you kidding me? call them or go online. And also i know "bit" more because of the research i have done, i have called and i have made friends in the program, so do the same.

Check list for programs info, tuition and due dates:
https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/dentistry/education/apply/application-checklist.aspx

I wish i am not coming off strong, again i hope it helps everyone. Those who have interviewed or have info, please share. If you have interviewed more than once, share that too.
Good luck!

SO i been getting a lot of PM in my inbox by people that are just lurking the post:confused:, but have not decided to post one comment of even mention that they went on an interview and share their experience. In my opinion a bit selfish and just plain sneaky.

I can understand you can go in and check a post and READ every post and share as a result, not just take, take and take info and then want to be given more info but if you have info not share it, am i being confusing? it is just really annoying, anyways....i will post a few things that it may answer questions to those that have inbox me. I hope it helps. As you all can see i try posting info that will benefit whoever reads this:

So this program is a fantastic program, there are very few post on SDN about Rochester just because of that because is very straight forward. (the more confusing a program the more posts, i think due to my research) They do things according to date, and organize. The moment the application due date closed they started sending out IV unlike other programs where you are just wondering when they will start:whistle:

This is their main page:
https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/dent...nal-Postdoctoral-Dental-Training-Program.aspx

Besides the AEGD programs they have other specialties that do take FTD. You can actually apply to more than one program at a time, but i don't recommend it too much (Imo).
https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/Dentistry/education/advanced-ed.aspx

They have the lowest tuition for a AEGD program in my opinion. I say this because tons of people have PM saying how much and will they pay you. Are you kidding me? call them or go online. And also i know "bit" more because of the research i have done, i have called and i have made friends in the program, so do the same.

Check list for programs info, tuition and due dates:
https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/dentistry/education/apply/application-checklist.aspx

I wish i am not coming off strong, again i hope it helps everyone. Those who have interviewed or have info, please share. If you have interviewed more than once, share that too.
Good luck!
Good one..
You are right they have very low tuition fees not only that but we can learn a lot like implant and all... the prog will definitely keep us busy ( if we get in)
Regarding other speciality... they also have perio prostho orthodox and surgery if anyone is interested... but keep in mid there will be a very very very tight competition because they have very limited sits (2-5) top of thatUSA n Canadian graduate dds are also competing with you. However, in aegd they have separate sits. So we don't hv competition with them. And it's a huge adv here. There are many positive aspects for Eastman. Weather ( in winter) is the only draw back.
Good luck and be your self during iv

Reactions: 1 user
Mine is on oct27th, anyone else going that date?
HEY!
Share your experience on the 27th if you don't mind! How many people, how was the interview over all? what did they ask you? Best of luck!

Hi, we were 18 applicants on oct27th, they were so nice , and they just ask straight forward questions, for example why you apply to aegd program? Why you became a dentist? ....and they gave us tour and we talked with residents , and still nobody knows what their criteria to accept bc they interviewing with almost 200 people with different resumes

Reactions: 1 users
Hello, Any girl willing to share accommodation for Rochester interview on 10th Nov ? reply me ASAP if interested

hello, are there anymore batches for interview after nov 17th? does anyone got IV in december?

hi sweety12 , how was your interview at rochester? do you want to share your experience? how many were there on 10th nov?

hi sweety12 , how was your interview at rochester? do you want to share your experience? how many were there on 10th nov?
So i Second @apex2376 in terms of how your interview went @sweety12 or if you didn't go....?

Also @gabooncito you had one for Nov 17 and possibly said you might not go, did you? Peeps, share this is info everyone wants to know....but for some reason others are more willing to share.

I contacted the program: decisions will undergo mid december early Jan. So just hold your horses...and pray or be positive or whatever works for you.

Check the this page that outlines their dates: https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/dentistry/education/apply/application-checklist.aspx

Also for those who went or didn't quick info:

AEGD Program Director:
Hans Malmström, D.D.S
Care about the person and the dentist. What you consider to be a strong area for you, why you decided dentistry? Tip: he is the director so he has heard all kinds of BS so he will tell is you are full of it.

AEGD Assistant Program Director:
Michael Yunker, D.D.S.
He is more mature and actually listens to your questions, if you are an articulate person. He is more interested in your GPA, your struggles and RESEARCH!!! He is big on this area. He will go to a particular grade and ask you why you either did good or not so great in it.

AEGD Clinical Director
Alexis Ghanem. D.D.S
He is relax but also intense because he really wants to know your strengths. He was a resident at one point and has made it to be staff, so he is really qualify to judge what makes a good candidate for the program. He LOVE to teach, and be involved in the whole experience of how to make you a better dentist.

I know this because i have asked around (residents, staff, directly to them). When i was a dental student, i did my research for Rochester, as to what the program wanted from possible candidates and the staff based on previous residents. I am just sharing, hope it helps.

Please share :welcome:

Reactions: 3 users
thank you DDSNY15, for post. i heard they have called more batches for iv in december so results will be out in january.

hello, are there anymore batches for interview after nov 17th? does anyone got IV in december?
They are done with the interviews. The last one was on Nov 17th. The results will be out by mid January or last week of January.

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck to us all then, fingers crossed. this will probably be the longest 2 months of my life:inpain:

Hey Doctors, anyone has an idea when is the expected day for the acceptances ?

Has anyone heard anything so far? any acceptances?

Has anybody get acceptances?when the result gonna be out?

Has any1 received acceptance? Last year was about this time of the year! Greetings from Greece!

Reactions: 2 users
I heard that they started yesterday cross fingers guys

Do they send acceptance for everyone in the same day? Does this mean whoever did not get an email is rejected?

I emailed and she said that she doesn't know when is the acceptances will be out!
Has anyone got acceptance??

So how many are accepted so far? Did they receive email?

So how many are accepted so far? Did they receive email?
I did receive an email on Thursday. I think so there are 10 to 12 positions. I have no idea wheather they send all the letters at a time.

I did receive an email on Thursday. I think so there are 10 to 12 positions. I have no idea wheather they send all the letters at a time.
Sorry I got the email on Wed.

Do they send all the acceptances at the same time?