Rochester, BC or UMich

qwerty_112

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As you can probably tell by the nature of this post, I am a high school senior who is getting down to the wire on my college decision. I have narrowed my choices down to the University of Rochester, Boston College or the University of Michigan.
I have visited all three of these institutions and spoken to pre-med students, but I am still struggling to come to a final decision.
Everyone on SDN is incredibly knowledgeable and honest, so I am hoping that you can provide me with any additional insight that might help me.
Money will be pretty much the same at all three. Right now, I am leaning towards Rochester for a number of reasons including small size and good pre-med advising, but BC and Michigan are still in the running because of location (Boston), more opportunities, etc. After visiting these schools, I can really picture myself having a positive undergraduate experience at each of them.
Thank you for any advice or insight you can provide me with. Much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

If money is the same for all three. In terms of opportunities for research/medical experience:
Boston is really second to none as a city.

I have visited Boston College in high school when I was applying to colleges, the campus is a beauty and I do know people who have gone there and have matriculated into solid medical and dental schools.

I live very close to Ann Arbor and can say it's an amazing city. The atmosphere is amazing and has big town advantages without many big town disadvantages. Great academics, great atmosphere, and great location. My personal choice would be Michigan.

I can answer any questions about BC or Michigan you might have. They are very different schools... though each has their perks! Feel free to send me a message if you have any specific questions. :)