Rocky Vista University (RVU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed at the Colorado campus yesterday and absolutely loved the school, faculty members, students, and Colorado. Very laid back interview so nothing to stress about! Might be very hard to pass up if I'm lucky enough to be accepted

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed at the Colorado campus yesterday and absolutely loved the school, faculty members, students, and Colorado. Very laid back interview so nothing to stress about! Might be very hard to pass up if I'm lucky enough to be accepted

If you're invited to interview, you have an 80% chance of acceptance according to the school :) based on last cycle.

Interviewing in a few weeks! I'm very excited. Good luck to you. How long did they say you have to wait?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing in a few weeks! I'm very excited. Good luck to you. How long did they say you have to wait?

They said I'll hear back by early next week. I guess I just fell in the later portion of their acceptance cycles so it's less of a wait

I've been complete here for a while. Over a month, I'd say, but I'm not totally sure about the date. I haven't heard anything yet, how long should I wait before I check up on them?

Looking for advice about a flight after my interview a the Colorado campus. I found a cheap flight that leaves at 4:30. Would that be doable? I have the AM interview. Also how did you get to/from the airport? shuttle?

Looking for advice about a flight after my interview a the Colorado campus. I found a cheap flight that leaves at 4:30. Would that be doable? I have the AM interview. Also how did you get to/from the airport? shuttle?
4:30 should be doable. There is no shuttle from campus to the airport that I am aware of. Your best bet would probably be to get an uber.

Reactions: 1 users

You could take the train from the airport to downtown Denver (day pass is $9). Then hop on the line terminating at the Lincoln station (E line). Ride it to the end, and from the Lincoln station, its 6 miles away, so low Uber cost.

Keep in mind that Denver International is 30 miles away from RVU - Uber all the way might be pretty expensive.

Reactions: 1 user
You could take the train from the airport to downtown Denver (day pass is $9). Then hop on the line terminating at the Lincoln station (E line). Ride it to the end, and from the Lincoln station, its 6 miles away, so low Uber cost.

Keep in mind that Denver International is 30 miles away from RVU - Uber all the way might be pretty expensive.

No kidding, I used uber from DI to RVU and spent close to $60

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Good to know im thinking rental car might be the way to go. Thanks for all the advice everyone!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Good to know in thinking rental car might be the way to go. Thanks for all the advice everyone!

I'm using a rental car too. It's nice to not have to rely on public transportation when you're already stressing out about interviewing.

Just got the call! Interviewed on the 22nd!

Reactions: 3 users
My application was just marked complete after submitting it on 8/20. How long did it take for you guys to hear back about an II?

In my interview email it says to bring forms with you to the interview... But i don't see any other information about these "forms". Do we need to bring anything? I filled out the waivers on the portal.

In my interview email it says to bring forms with you to the interview... But i don't see any other information about these "forms". Do we need to bring anything? I filled out the waivers on the portal.

I copied and pasted the forms we e-signed into a word document, printed and signed them, but they weren't collected at the interview and a few people didn't bring any forms lol my assumption is that they're not necessary

I finished my secondary here in mid-July but had a missing LOR that wasn't put into the system until mid-August. Haven't heard anything back since then. Should I call? Should I just sit and wait here nervously? Should I question my life choices leading up to this point? I'm really not sure.

Last edited:
I just checked my portal and now I have the Prospective Student - CO tab as well as the Applicant-CO tab. My status is still marked APPL. Does anyone know what this could mean?

Nevermind, the Prospective Student Tab went away, the Applicant tab is still there and my status is still APPL. Those heart palpitations were fun this early in the morning.

Does anyone know anything about RVU-CO residency programs and clinical rotation sites? Cant find too much online :/

Does anyone know anything about RVU-CO residency programs and clinical rotation sites? Cant find too much online :/

http://www.rockymountainopti.com/programs/

Programs from the opti. Fairly basic info though. I think it's safe to say that by the time you prospective applicants graduate there will be several more. Who knows in what and where though.

Crickets here.

Has anyone heard anything from the UT campus after their interview? I interviewed on 9/10 so I'm hoping to hear back this week! The anticipation is killing me!

Just got my "prospective student" tab pop up next to my "applicant" tab for CO have we concluded this is a sign of rejection?

Just got my "prospective student" tab pop up next to my "applicant" tab for CO have we concluded this is a sign of rejection?

I had "prospective student" pop in and out of my tabs several times. I don't think it means anything - eventually got an II.

I had "prospective student" pop in and out of my tabs several times. I don't think it means anything - eventually got an II.

Cool, thats good to know! Must be some sort of glitch, thank you!

cancelled my interview to Utah campus. hopefully one of you get it! (if you want it of course)

Has anyone heard anything from the UT campus after their interview? I interviewed on 9/10 so I'm hoping to hear back this week! The anticipation is killing me!

I interviewed at the Utah campus on 9/9 and haven't heard back yet. I'm going crazy waiting for a response!

I interviewed at the Utah campus on 9/9 and haven't heard back yet. I'm going crazy waiting for a response!

They told us the admissions committee will meet sometime in the first two weeks of October and we will hear back soon after they meet

They told us the admissions committee will meet sometime in the first two weeks of October and we will hear back soon after they meet

I'm assuming you're talking about the Utah campus, right? And what date did you interview on? On the day I interviewed, they said they would respond to us by the first week of October.

Accepted to the Utah campus!! Yes!!!!

Accepted to the Utah campus!! Yes!!!!
Congrats!! That's awesome. Did they just call you this morning? Did your status on the portal change at all? I'm getting nervous hoping for a call today as well!

Accepted to Utah!!! so beyond excited I loved the school so much

Congrats!! That's awesome. Did they just call you this morning? Did your status on the portal change at all? I'm getting nervous hoping for a call today as well!
I got a call while I was at work this morning...so sad I missed it, but they left a voicemail! The status on my portal still says interview conformation so don't worry if it hasn't changed yet!

Just got the call! ACCEPTED TO UTAH!!!

Reactions: 4 users
So I have been fortunate enough to be accepted to both campuses but now I can not decide which one to attend. I am a Utah resident and I like the St. George area more than Parker, but the fact that the RVU SU location is brand new kind of worries me. I understand that they are going to be the exact same as much as possible, but the Parker location is obviously more established (meaning established clubs/residencies/etc.). Even though I like the SU location more, ultimately I want to go to the school that will prepare me the best. What do you all think about that?

So I have been fortunate enough to be accepted to both campuses but now I can not decide which one to attend. I am a Utah resident and I like the St. George area more than Parker, but the fact that the RVU SU location is brand new kind of worries me. I understand that they are going to be the exact same as much as possible, but the Parker location is obviously more established (meaning established clubs/residencies/etc.). Even though I like the SU location more, ultimately I want to go to the school that will prepare me the best. What do you all think about that?
Easy. Colorado.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile