Rocky Vista University (RVUCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They rejected you right off the bet because you have high enough stats to get into an MD program. Therefore, they know that they will be wasting their time and yours if they extend an interview. Unless, you have absolutely no ECs or just wrote a crappy PS. lol Or perhaps a criminal record (felony?). :eek:

I think they are looking high stats this year but HoltMD's stats is perhaps little over high to an extend that they don't think the applicant won't matriculate there at the end like u said.

Just got rejected as well, cGPA 3.25, sGPA 3.16, 28. I'm pretty sad because I really would've liked to go here. I guess one less school to wait for...Hopefully I'll have better luck elsewhere.

sGPA may be the the culprit in the eyes of this school. Goodluck with the other schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
My updated MCAT score just came in, will the school automatically see it, or do I have to send the application again?

Did any of you all leave the last question blank? It is "Add any additional information that you consider pertinent or that you feel will be of benefit as a student or an osteopathic physician" and I really don't have anything else to say since I already said why I want to be an osteopathic physician/study osteopathic medicine. Think it is okay not to answer?

Did any of you all leave the last question blank? It is "Add any additional information that you consider pertinent or that you feel will be of benefit as a student or an osteopathic physician" and I really don't have anything else to say since I already said why I want to be an osteopathic physician/study osteopathic medicine. Think it is okay not to answer?

I just talked about some of my personal hobbies and interests, as there wasn't room for much of that in other places.

Don't leave it blank! RED FLAG!

I would answer it, tell them more about you that isn't already on your application. As another poster mentioned, talk about hobbies... do you have any cool skills? Are you an athlete? Musician? Do you have any children? Pets?

You get the idea :p

Don't leave it blank! RED FLAG!

I would answer it, tell them more about you that isn't already on your application. As another poster mentioned, talk about hobbies... do you have any cool skills? Are you an athlete? Musician? Do you have any children? Pets?

You get the idea :p
i left it blank.... not a big deal. i have an interview here

YEAH!!! After updating my application (after an initial rejection) got my secondary today.

Interview September 7th!! Anyone else staying at Red Lion the night before?!

I have an interview on 9/6 but will be staying in Denver.

I have a 29 mcat and 3.4 gpa. I did poorly in intro bio, chem, and ochem but did really well in the upper level science courses that were in my major my 3rd and 4th years which I think helped me out a lot.

I have an interview on Sept 20th at 11 am. I'm debating where to stay: Denver or Parker? Any opinions?

I have an interview on Sept 20th at 11 am. I'm debating where to stay: Denver or Parker? Any opinions?

omg, i have been done here for a several weeks now with no word of ii... whats is going on rv

3.75 / 4.0 / 30

those of you that got the ii, when were your apps done?

Members don't see this ad :)
omg, i have been done here for a several weeks now with no word of ii... whats is going on rv

3.75 / 4.0 / 30

I was complete on 8/8 and just got my ii last night.

I know this subject has been discussed a little in other threads---but can any current student discuss the loan situation? RVU is definitely a school I am interested in, but I will be financing my education on my own (through loans) and will have no additional savings/income that will help.

Thanks!

I know this subject has been discussed a little in other threads---but can any current student discuss the loan situation? RVU is definitely a school I am interested in, but I will be financing my education on my own (through loans) and will have no additional savings/income that will help.

Thanks!

Currently RVU is still not approved for federal loans. This July it was decided that for-profit schools would be eligible to apply for title IV approval, so we are now allowed to apply. Also since we now have full accreditation, and the class of 2012 did so well on board and the match, things are looking very good. The financial aid office told me that it would not be crazy to think we would be approved next year. It is still up in the air, so we just have to wait and see

I would stay in Aurora or the Englewood area. I currently live around there and it takes me about 25min to get to campus, and about 20min to get downtown. It is a great spot if you want to check out the city. I know for my interview I stayed at the Red Lion, and they had a shuttle to and from the airport and to and from the school. Was a nice setup

wow, rejected! completed about three weeks ago.

3.75 / 4.0 / 30p OOS

rejected too haha

3.8/3.92/30Q
also specified that i'm only applying to osteopathic schools

what is wrong with this school?

Got a complete email today. How long after completion here did you get an invite/rejection? Just wondering how often I want to check my portal?

3.75 / 4.0 / 30

Why DO? Why RVU?

3.75 / 4.0 / 30

3.53/3.4/28 with diverse work experience (including a bio lab, restaurants, and as a caregiver), community service, and DO shadowing experience.

I submitted my primary at the beginning of June, secondary in the middle of July and heard back about interview in the beginning of August. =]

Good Luck!

rejected :(

Dang, wasn't expecting that one. This school seems like a total crap shoot with what they're looking for.

II tonight :) I'm instate

For those rejected, I remember them specifically saying they look for a lot of upper level bio classes - maybe that's what your missing?

i had three upper level bios and biochems,, is that too little?

I just counted. I have eight upper level biology courses in the last two years. I hope that works. I'm a few weeks behind everyone since I didn't submit until July.

well, if the school is really that into having lots of upper bio, then they can not e friendly to non traditional students who usually just complete their prerequisites.

well, if the school is really that into having lots of upper bio, then they can not e friendly to non traditional students who usually just complete their prerequisites.

Ah, yeah. That's probably my issue. I'm non-traditional and have pretty much just completed the pre-reqs. Although I've done very well in all of them, I guess I'm just not a fit. Oh well!

Good luck to everyone who got interviews

Does anyone know if they email you if you get an interview? Or do you have to keep checking your vista account?? I can't find anything about my application on my vista account so im kind of confused....

I got an email for my ii but it was really late like 9pm central time. Hope that helps. Best of luck!

I hate waiting for the my application to be complete. Still waiting on one LOR, might gently remind them if it has not arrived b e end of the week.

hey there got the secondary today. how long should our responses to the essays be?

So I just got an email from them that I THINK is a complete email or something but the whole thing seems almost like a hold email. The trick is that it's NOT.

"This is to inform you that the Office of Admissions at Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine is continuing its consideration of your application for the entering class of 2013.
I would like to reassure you that your application will continue to be re-evaluated and you will be notified of any change in your status.
Feel free to direct any questions you may have concerning your status to my attention. If your interest or circumstances change at any time and you decide you no longer wish to be considered for an interview at Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine, please notify us in writing.
Your interest in osteopathic medicine is admired and your interest in Rocky Vista University is appreciated by all of us associated with the profession and the college. We wish you success in reaching for a bright future and are committed to assisting you in fulfilling your potential and reaching your personal and professional goals."

Did anyone else ever get an email like this?

So I just got an email from them that I THINK is a complete email or something but the whole thing seems almost like a hold email. The trick is that it's NOT.

"This is to inform you that the Office of Admissions at Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine is continuing its consideration of your application for the entering class of 2013.
I would like to reassure you that your application will continue to be re-evaluated and you will be notified of any change in your status.
Feel free to direct any questions you may have concerning your status to my attention. If your interest or circumstances change at any time and you decide you no longer wish to be considered for an interview at Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine, please notify us in writing.
Your interest in osteopathic medicine is admired and your interest in Rocky Vista University is appreciated by all of us associated with the profession and the college. We wish you success in reaching for a bright future and are committed to assisting you in fulfilling your potential and reaching your personal and professional goals."

Did anyone else ever get an email like this?

A little more info on this and confirmation of what everyone has said previously. I emailed admissions and Cassidy emailed me saying

"I think the Director would specifically like to see your fall grades when they become available. You will be notified by email of any changes to your status."

My fall semester is full of only upper division science classes, so apparently they want to see how I perform in more of these (I've not taken many. I've mostly just taken my pre-req's)

For those who have had the interview, how was it? Was it as relaxing as everyone has reported?

Thank you!

Interview 10/5 28/3.4/3.4 Almost no upper level bio classes

A little more info on this and confirmation of what everyone has said previously. I emailed admissions and Cassidy emailed me saying

"I think the Director would specifically like to see your fall grades when they become available. You will be notified by email of any changes to your status."

My fall semester is full of only upper division science classes, so apparently they want to see how I perform in more of these (I've not taken many. I've mostly just taken my pre-req's)

Last application cycle I was sent the same email and got in. It is just what you think, you are on hold until your fall grades come in and they can make a final decision on you. It is not necessarily a bad or good thing, they are just not quite sure yet. Rock out this semester and good luck.

Any news from those who interviewed in the first week of September? How long does it take for the ADCOM to decide?

Any news from those who interviewed in the first week of September? How long does it take for the ADCOM to decide?

They say about a week or two, depending on when the adcom meets

On that note....just got ACCEPTED!!! CLASS OF 2017!!!!!

Hey does anybody staying at the Red Lion want to grab a late dinner on Tuesday night (9/18)? Flight comes in at 6pm, so I should be at the hotel by 7. PM me if you don't feel like sitting alone in the hotel and ordering room service. p.s. I'm a dude.

Where are you coming from? I may be on your flight because I land at a similar time.....

anyone one the max number of letters of rec we can submit? Thanks