Rocky Vista University (RVUCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how full the class is? I'm still waiting for that II. Will they still be sending some out or is it finished at this point?
Not sure how to compare it to last year.
When were you complete?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how full the class is? I'm still waiting for that II. Will they still be sending some out or is it finished at this point?
Not sure how to compare it to last year.
When I interviewed earlier this month they told us that there were only a few more interview dates left in early February.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone here who interviewed on January 8th, who remember when the next admissions committee meeting was going to be?

I interviewed the 11th. They said Adcom will meet this Friday (the 22nd).
Is there anyone here who interviewed on January 8th, who remember when the next admissions committee meeting was going to be?

Anyone's status change yet from "interview confirmation" after 1/7 interview?

Accepted today. Interviewed first week of January.

Reactions: 1 users
For acceptance did they call you or did it change on your portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the acceptance call!!!!! My first acceptance! Interviewed 1/8. And for those asking, portal did not change yet.

Reactions: 2 users
I, Swoll Cat, received an ACCEPTANCE CALL earlier this morning. Congrats to everyone who PURRsuaded the admissions committee to give them a chance at RVU! :cat:

From what I understand, they call for acceptances and email for waitlist.

Got accepted earlier today! Unbelievably excited! I'm hoping some of the awesome people I interviewed with on 1/8 got in as well!

Congrats to everyone who got acceptances today! I have a quick question for you. I plan on applying here next cycle and was wondering what everyone thought of the school? I was in Colorado over new years visiting a friend in pharm school and drove by the RVU campus ( couldn't get in obviously as it was closed) and only saw 1 building. Did I miss part of it or do they have all the classes in that one? Not that campus size is make or break I am just curious. Thanks!

Congrats to everyone who got acceptances today! I have a quick question for you. I plan on applying here next cycle and was wondering what everyone thought of the school? I was in Colorado over new years visiting a friend in pharm school and drove by the RVU campus ( couldn't get in obviously as it was closed) and only saw 1 building. Did I miss part of it or do they have all the classes in that one? Not that campus size is make or break I am just curious. Thanks!

There is only one building. It's multi-level. The facilities were very nice by comparison to other schools that I interviewed at.

Reactions: 1 user
It was a very impressive, yet compact campus. I think one of my favorite parts was that the cadaver lab had windows.

There is only one building. It's multi-level. The facilities were very nice by comparison to other schools that I interviewed at.
Oh ok cool! Makes sense since its just has the osteopathic program. Went an walked around at CU since my friend goes there an that place is HUGE. But they have just about every kinda program so it should be.

It was a very impressive, yet compact campus. I think one of my favorite parts was that the cadaver lab had windows.
That way you can look up the hill an watch the broncos practice lol. The building doesn't feel cramped though?

I really loved this school and if I hadn't received my other acceptance closer to family with cheaper tuition, I definitely would have matriculated. Parker wasn't toooo exciting (just a bunch of nice houses with families) but Denver and surrounding areas had SO much to offer. It's really beautiful and close to the mountains, but was a bit too cold and snowy for me. The school was very welcoming and great facility. Though it was a little small, it did not feel cramped. Their students did not seem super stressed out and said they were really happy there. I know they prep students EXTREMELY well for boards, just look at their scores. The give free board prep before you take step 1 and then give you another month to set aside for studying which is awesome. They also make you take USMLE which I think is a great idea considering the new merger situation happening in a few years. In the end it was a really difficult decision! Some cons I saw compared to other schools were no "family atmosphere", most students live spread out all over Denver, no undergrad campus resources (no gym or much research), cold/snowy, high tuition and cost of living, no food on campus or nearby except a tiny area on first floor with some random snacks. I liked that the campus had a lot of study rooms and large library, also a 24 hour campus, they also give you a cubby to put food/snacks/bags for the entire year. Overall a great school. Congrats to everyone accepted, I hope my spot went to someone who really wanted it!!

Oh ok cool! Makes sense since its just has the osteopathic program. Went an walked around at CU since my friend goes there an that place is HUGE. But they have just about every kinda program so it should be.
I thought the campus was small too when I first went there, especially coming from a "smaller school" which still had a campus way larger than Rvu. The undergrad I went to had different buildings dedicated to the different majors, and since 95% of my classes were chemistry and bio, I rarely left the science building anyways. So it is understandable that RVU is on the smaller scale compared to a place like CU which incorporates a pharm school, dental school, etc. But even if you were to go to a school with a big campus offering various professional degrees, I'm sure each group of students will rarely have the chance to leave their respectable buildings anyways. So I don't think it'll make a big difference in the end how big the overall campus is :).

Last edited:
This school really is magical.

I decided to write a brief guide for those who have an interview coming up here:
1. Walk into the school.
2. Fall in love with the school, faculty, and students.
3. Cross your fingers for an acceptance.

Congrats to all who have been accepted so far!

4. There is a Costco nearby.
This school really is magical.

I decided to write a brief guide for those who have an interview coming up here:
1. Walk into the school.
2. Fall in love with the school, faculty, and students.
3. Cross your fingers for an acceptance.

Congrats to all who have been accepted so far!

I mentioned it in my interview and they just laughed lol coming from an area that's only grocery stores were a Walmart and albertsons, this was a big deal.
Hahaha this was a factor when I was checking out apartments for school

Aren't they still accepting primaries and secondaries? Don't now how the class can be full when they're still sending out secondaries.

Got the acceptance call last week! Still feels so surreal that I got in. Interview day was easily the best one that I've been to so far.

Agreed! After I got the call, I cancelled my other interviews and paid my deposit. So excited :)
Got the acceptance call last week! Still feels so surreal that I got in. Interview day was easily the best one that I've been to so far.

Agreed! After I got the call, I cancelled my other interviews and paid my deposit. So excited :)

Haha, I did the same right after I got the call. Now I just gotta make sure to get all those titers and immunizations done on time! It also wouldn't hurt to start looking at ski passes :)

That way you can look up the hill an watch the broncos practice lol. The building doesn't feel cramped though?

I didn't have a problem with the building size, but I guess it does depend on preference. My undergrad has a huge campus within a big city, so to me it's nice to have one building with everything that you need. From talking with current students, I've heard that the lack of a campus is hit or miss. Some like it while others complain about the lack of a student union or coffee shop to chill at while you study. However, I would imagine that it would be hectic to attend this school without a car, as you're about 10-15 minutes away (without traffic) from Denver.

I didn't have a problem with the building size, but I guess it does depend on preference. My undergrad has a huge campus within a big city, so to me it's nice to have one building with everything that you need. From talking with current students, I've heard that the lack of a campus is hit or miss. Some like it while others complain about the lack of a student union or coffee shop to chill at while you study. However, I would imagine that it would be hectic to attend this school without a car, as you're about 10-15 minutes away (without traffic) from Denver.
And imagine when it's freezing cold outside... You don't have to travel between buildings.

Does anyone know the dates for orientation and the white coat?

Hi guys! For anyone who is accepted and plans to go here, join the facebook page RVUCOM class of 2020. :] There are only 30 members on the page so far but it would be nice to see each other's faces. :D

Accepted - 1/26.

I love this school. Been to others, cannot see a reason why I wouldn't sign on here.

Got an acceptance call. My first acceptance. I'm so happy! Thanks sdn for all the guidance and neuroticism!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted on Friday!! Interviewed on 1/27. SO SO excited. I loved the school, everyone was so nice, students seemed really happy, and the group I interviewed with were awesome as well. Can't wait to move from NY :)

Accepted on Friday!! Interviewed on 1/27. SO SO excited. I loved the school, everyone was so nice, students seemed really happy, and the group I interviewed with were awesome as well. Can't wait to move from NY :)

Yah if you were in that group you were definitely awesome ;)