Rocky Vista University (RVUCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else notice how deposit 3 is now missing under the file status checklist?

I still see it listed under mine.

Members don't see this ad.

Just finished my interview. I really liked the school. Hope to hear good news.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Ryan and Dr. Brozna. I think it went well but I suppose we will see in a couple weeks

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I should probably know this by now, but what kind of research opportunities are there at RVU?

If anyone who is attending is moving with dogs PM me and I can give you a recommendation of apartments. The ones I currently live in are about 20 minutes from campus and are quite affordable for the Denver area and will also be newly renovated when you move :)

The wait is killing me!!!!! I want to know so much. I know that they decide on thursday and we're not going to find out until next week but I must say that I am dying to know.

When do you start looking for housing? Can I reserve an apartment ahead of time?

Does anyone know the new dress code and does it only apply during classes or even studying on campus?

Does anyone know the new dress code and does it only apply during classes or even studying on campus?
I don't know about any "new" dress code, but when I was there for my interview (Jan 11) they just said shirts with no logos and no shorts. I'm sure it's just on campus.

The dress code only applies 8am-5pm M-F if you're on campus - even if you're only there to study in the library. You cannot wear shorts, hoodies, or t-shirts. School spirit wear is allowed (so at the beginning of the year, buy some RVU and club t-shirts/hoodies/etc.). Just to be clear, jeans are allowed.

So I'm a 32 year old guy Navy vet with 2 well behaved cats and no other baggage.

If anyone is up to consider a 2br arrangement, let me know. I'm okay with paying a majority share as well, as well as all cate related fees (of course.)

PM me if interested.

Members don't see this ad :)
The dress code only applies 8am-5pm M-F if you're on campus - even if you're only there to study in the library. You cannot wear shorts, hoodies, or t-shirts. School spirit wear is allowed (so at the beginning of the year, buy some RVU and club t-shirts/hoodies/etc.). Just to be clear, jeans are allowed.
Thanks!

I should probably know this by now, but what kind of research opportunities are there at RVU?
+1
Do RVU students have a difficult time in being able to pursue research opportunities given the intense curriculum and not a lot of time off in the summer?

+1
Do RVU students have a difficult time in being able to pursue research opportunities given the intense curriculum and not a lot of time off in the summer?

Someone asked this to the Dean during my RVU interview and he laughed and said that very very few students can juggle meaningful research and medical school at the same time. I asked the same question during a recent MD interview and that Dean also laughed and said, "Figure out how to pass anatomy then think about research."

Don't know, but I am eagerly awaiting a decision.

These were posted on a bulletin board at school. I figured they'd be useful for incoming 1st years here looking for a place to live. Not sure if they're all available or not, but hopefully they are. Good luck!

1458674874416.jpg
1458674878905.jpg
1458674882796.jpg
1458674887317.jpg

Is it common for RVU to delay getting back to people about decisions?

Final decisions will be made this Thursday. An email was sent out notifying all candidates of the delay, however apparently everyone did not receive it. Sit tight just a while longer.

Final decisions will be made this Thursday. An email was sent out notifying all candidates of the delay, however apparently everyone did not receive it. Sit tight just a while longer.
I received the email about the delay, but didn't get one saying we would be notified on Thursday. Did you call to find out when the committee would be meeting again?

I received the email about the delay, but didn't get one saying we would be notified on Thursday. Did you call to find out when the committee would be meeting again?

The Admissions Committee is meeting Thursday.

ACCEPTED! So so excited to become a part of such a great community!

I rceived a call around 4:00PM CST. I was very excited! If you did not get an email, I also heard the portal sometimes changes.
No call, no email, no portal change... Great job! I hope to hear some good news tomorrow.

Accepted pending space. If you don't get a slot this cycle your guaranteed one on the next one.

Accepted pending space. If you don't get a slot this cycle your guaranteed one on the next one.

I just got on APS list as well. I really loved Rocky Vista but just also put in a deposit for Midwestern University... a part of me is willing to wait for next year to attend Rocky if (by some small chance) I don't get into the class this year... but I'm still not sure.

Does anyone know how long they have done the APS list for? The email said every student on it has been acccepted into the class they applied for, but how many years have they been doing this for?

I just got on APS list as well. I really loved Rocky Vista but just also put in a deposit for Midwestern University... a part of me is willing to wait for next year to attend Rocky if (by some small chance) I don't get into the class this year... but I'm still not sure.

Does anyone know how long they have done the APS list for? The email said every student on it has been acccepted into the class they applied for, but how many years have they been doing this for?
What day did you interview?

Interviewed 3/14, just got the "accepted pending space" email today!

What day did you interview?
I received an email this morning at around 9am. I'm guessing they call when you're officially accepted; the email said they would call once my status updated.

Allowed in if I'm on the aps list?

Does anyone know if RVUCOM is still interviewing? My application status says file complete, but I have not heard anything for a few months.

Does anyone know if RVUCOM is still interviewing? My application status says file complete, but I have not heard anything for a few months.
Fairly sure the week of 3/14 was the last week they'd interview. When I check interview scheduling form, there aren't any more interview day options.

Fairly sure the week of 3/14 was the last week they'd interview. When I check interview scheduling form, there aren't any more interview day options.

Ugh. Thanks for the info! - Hopefully they realize they need to interview more people. Pronto.

Ugh. Thanks for the info! - Hopefully they realize they need to interview more people. Pronto.
I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but considering that some students have already been placed on an APS list (see previous posts), they have the class filled at this point and are actually waiting for people to drop for other accepted students to take the seats. RVU Also starts school earlier than other DO schools so I'm pretty sure they are done with interviews.

I just checked their website and the deadline for secondaries is April 15th, so maybe this is a sign that they'll still be interviewing.

I just checked their website and the deadline for secondaries is April 15th, so maybe this is a sign that they'll still be interviewing.
Ooh okay. I see. My mistake then.

I would recommend calling the admissions office and directly asking them the status of your application, class fullness, and interview status. That way you're not left wondering since I know waiting is the worst part. Good luck!

So does anyone know when white coat ceremony is? They had us try them on at our interviews but there isn't really a date in the portal for when it is... Just wondering so I can make plans for immediate family and what not.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

So does anyone know when white coat ceremony is? They had us try them on at our interviews but there isn't really a date in the portal for when it is... Just wondering so I can make plans for immediate family and what not.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
You could ask on the Facebook page. I would also like to know.