Rocky Vista University (RVUCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Afternoon or morning???? It's exciting to be so close!
The afternoon :) I thought the 10th only had the afternoon option o_O. When are you interviewing?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is anybody interviewing on 9/10 driving to RVU from the Fort Collins area? I would be happy to pay for your gas in exchange for a ride!

Last edited:
my status is still applicant... its been 2 months .. anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
my status is still applicant... its been 2 months .. anyone else in the same boat?
Orangetea: Your file is not complete. You should have received an email stating which letter of recommendation you are missing. As soon as the letter is received, your file will be complete and you will be able to move forward in the process.

The afternoon :) I thought the 10th only had the afternoon option o_O. When are you interviewing?
Also afternoon! I only had an afternoon option, but I was unsure if a morning session was also scheduled! High five, I'll see you there! Feel free to PM me if you'd like to meet up or want to discuss interviewing stuff.

Is anybody interviewing on 9/10 driving to RVU from the Fort Collins area? I would be happy to pay for your gas in exchange for a ride!
It'd be cool to carpool, but I'm coming from the opposite direction! However, if you have any questions or want to meet up beforehand, shoot me a PM =)

I am interviewing 9/9 if anyone needs an evening ride from DEN to Parker on 9/8.

Can anyone tell me how much it costs to submit the secondary to this school? I'm budgeting before I add any more schools. Thanks.

Can anyone tell me how much it costs to submit the secondary to this school? I'm budgeting before I add any more schools. Thanks.

$50, well worth it and quite a deal compared to other schools!

Hi guys! I'll be interviewing on 9/15. I'm super excited about RVU and can't wait for the interview! Anybody else interviewing 9/15 in the morning? Also, anybody flying into Denver around 1:30 on the 14th? If so, let me know and we can split an Uber fare or something. Good luck to everybody on here, I think it'll be a great time.

Hi guys! I'll be interviewing on 9/15. I'm super excited about RVU and can't wait for the interview! Anybody else interviewing 9/15 in the morning? Also, anybody flying into Denver around 1:30 on the 14th? If so, let me know and we can split an Uber fare or something. Good luck to everybody on here, I think it'll be a great time.
Just so you know uber doesn't work at our airport in Denver I don't believe...

Just so you know uber doesn't work at our airport in Denver I don't believe...
As someone who frequently takes Uber's in the Denver metro area, I can't imagine they wouldn't pick people up from the airport. But you can always check on their website or on the app if that pick-up location is feasible.

Members don't see this ad :)
As someone who frequently takes Uber's in the Denver metro area, I can't imagine they wouldn't pick people up from the airport. But you can always check on their website or on the app if that pick-up location is feasible.
Yea I just know a few months ago the airport had the uber app blocked so it looked like no one was there. I hope this isn't the case anymore as that would make getting home from the airport much easier lol

Orangetea: Your file is not complete. You should have received an email stating which letter of recommendation you are missing. As soon as the letter is received, your file will be complete and you will be able to move forward in the process.

So if the portal says "file complete" that means that all of our letters of recommendation have been received? I was not sure if the letters were suppose to show up in the portal (I do not have any up on my portal).

Thanks

So if the portal says "file complete" that means that all of our letters of recommendation have been received? I was not sure if the letters were suppose to show up in the portal (I do not have any up on my portal).

Thanks
Yep! If it says "complete" then you're set! Now just have to wait for that II ;). Good luck!

My secondary was submitted a little over a month ago, but yet it stills says "applicant". However, when I emailed admissions, they said that I am complete. They haven't responded about the discrepancy. I did not receive any emails about missing materials either. I'm not sure if I should take any further action :\

Hi guys ! Do you guys know if the interviewers have our file ? Or it is a closed interview

How long did you guys make your essays? I can't handle the "as much as you need to make your point" answer. I don't know if I should write three simple sentences, or a huge essay . . .

How long did you guys make your essays? I can't handle the "as much as you need to make your point" answer. I don't know if I should write three simple sentences, or a huge essay . . .
Mine were longish. I had a lot to say about exposure and familiarity to osteopathic medicine, and the other stuff average length of most apps. (2000 chars)

I think long is ok, as long as it is (reasonably) well written and to the point. My "why do you want to be a DO" was 800 words (~4500 characters), the rest were a little shorter, 100-500 words. I have an interview, so something worked out!

The class of 2019's stats were just released in this month's issue of the school newsletter (The Vista View). I figured you all would be interested. Good luck!

1hRa2aY.png

Reactions: 4 users
Just checked my portal and I have an II! No email yet.

Anyone who interviewed already care to share some insight on their experience and what to expect? Please :)

Congrats! Surprised they updated the portal on a weekend. When were you complete?
I hadn't checked the portal since Thursday, so it may have shown up earlier. I was complete 7/20.

Anyone who interviewed already care to share some insight on their experience and what to expect? Please :)

It is a very relaxed and low-key day.

You start with presentations, a short 2-interviewer interview, observe a lab, take a tour, and meet with current students who stop by on downtime.

It is seemingly designed to be low stress, though it seems that some people had some "challenging" interviews.

I hadn't checked the portal since Thursday, so it may have shown up earlier. I was complete 7/20.
Wow over a month of review before II, here I was hoping I would hear something in two weeks. Thanks for the info

Hi I'm an OMS-1 student at RVU. Feel free to ask questions as necessary or curious. Cannot promise immediate reply...1st year is busy!

Hi I'm an OMS-1 student at RVU. Feel free to ask questions as necessary or curious. Cannot promise immediate reply...1st year is busy!

Do you know or anyone else know what rotation sites they have in Utah? Dr. Told mentioned they had quite a few but I can't find if any of these would be like core sites you could do most your rotations or if they are just for electives and that? Anyone have any idea?

Do you know or anyone else know what rotation sites they have in Utah? Dr. Told mentioned they had quite a few but I can't find if any of these would be like core sites you could do most your rotations or if they are just for electives and that? Anyone have any idea?
From what I've learned, rotation sites can change every year. We don't have to worry about rotation sites until ~December of our 2nd year. Therefore, I do not have access to the current list of sites. If availability of rotation sites is a decisive-factor for you choosing RVU, I believe the best thing to do would be to email Admissions, explain your question, and ask them for a current list. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

From what I've learned, rotation sites can change every year. We don't have to worry about rotation sites until ~December of our 2nd year. Therefore, I do not have access to the current list of sites. If availability of rotation sites is a decisive-factor for you choosing RVU, I believe the best thing to do would be to email Admissions, explain your question, and ask them for a current list. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Thank you I appreciate your help I will do that!

Hi everyone!
I completed the secondary to this school 7/27 and have had a status of "file complete" on the admissions status for some time now. Any ideas on if this means I was not selected for an interview or they are still reviewing?

Hi everyone!
I completed the secondary to this school 7/27 and have had a status of "file complete" on the admissions status for some time now. Any ideas on if this means I was not selected for an interview or they are still reviewing?

That online status could mean either (AFAIK), though you have not been rejected.

Admissions is very friendly, and you could likely call and find out with no problem. :)

Hey guys!

I'm an OMS-I here at RVU, I know there are other current students answering questions on this thread but lemme know if you couldn't get an answer to your question from one of them and I'll try my best to find out for you!

Hey guys!

I'm an OMS-I here at RVU, I know there are other current students answering questions on this thread but lemme know if you couldn't get an answer to your question from one of them and I'll try my best to find out for you!

Hey, I have been trying to find out more about the rotations available and their locations. I was unable to get all of my questions answered at interview day (mostly my fault!) and am trying to get a better understanding.

Have you learned how the process works yet? Do you sign up for a geographic region (Pueblo for example) and then do everything (or almost everything) there? Or is there a lot of hopping around?

Thanks!

Hey, I have been trying to find out more about the rotations available and their locations. I was unable to get all of my questions answered at interview day (mostly my fault!) and am trying to get a better understanding.

Have you learned how the process works yet? Do you sign up for a geographic region (Pueblo for example) and then do everything (or almost everything) there? Or is there a lot of hopping around?

Thanks!
The core rotation sites are in Denver, Colorado Springs, Boulder, Greeley, Grand junction, and then a couple places in Utah and Idaho. It is a lottery system, most students get one of their top 2 locations. The majority of positions are in Denver.

I want to interview here soooo bad! I was complete a month ago (8/21), but still haven't heard anything. My applicant tab is still up, so I guess that's okay..

I have the accepted student tab do I'm assuming I'm accepted!!

That's what mine says as well. I wish they would just email the results... You think we're in?
I want to think that!! But then I think maybe they messed up.... which is doubtful. I can't quite 100% celebrate though.....

I want to think that!! But then I think maybe they messed up.... which is doubtful. I can't quite 100% celebrate though.....
I also have the "accepted" tab. And my status says accepted. Please tell me this means what I think it means!!!!!

Reloaded the portal and now have the accepted tab as well....with options to pay the deposits ;) I think that's a good sign!!

Got the official call :) I hope everyone else's comes soon!!!

Reactions: 4 users
I have the accepted tab as well! Just waiting for the phone call now to confirm it! Cautiously hopeful!

Reactions: 2 users