Roosevelt University - Schaumburg, IL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JADpharm28

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard anything good or bad about Roosevelt University starting their pharmacy program in summer 2011?

Members don't see this ad.

There is a good chance they won't get pre-candidate status from what i hear. It'll be very hard for them to find rotation spots.

Members don't see this ad :)
man, there's so many pharm schools in illinois. we already have:
uic
midwestern
chicago state
siu
:scared:

Rosalind Franklin University (North Chicago, IL) is slated to open up a pharmacy school in 2011 as well. At least they are more credible than Roosevelt or CSU. They have an actual medical school and are basically a health sciences school like Midwestern.

Rosalind Franklin University (North Chicago, IL) is slated to open up a pharmacy school in 2011 as well. At least they are more credible than Roosevelt or CSU. They have an actual medical school and are basically a health sciences school like Midwestern.

Ugh, the last thing the Chicagoland area needs is another pharmacy school. The dean at UIC is even openly saying that he hopes both of these schools fail.

Yeah, I heard about Rosalind Franklin University. Would anyone know where to find their pre-pharmacy coursework at??

Yeah, I heard about Rosalind Franklin University. Would anyone know where to find their pre-pharmacy coursework at??
ANOTHER NEW SCHOOL..stop going to these schools people!

There is a good chance they won't get pre-candidate status from what i hear. It'll be very hard for them to find rotation spots.

:thumbup:

Take a look at their "Profession of Pharmacy" section on their website. They quote Wikipedia's definition of pharmacy...speaks volumes to me about the education you'll receive there.

Last edited:
:thumbup:

Take a look at their "Profession of Pharmacy" section on their website. They quote Wikipedia's definition of pharmacy...speaks volumes to me about the education you'll receive there.

:smuggrin: but true.

PS... Is it "speaks volumes", "speak volumes" or "speaks volume"? Always been curious.

why would you not want another pharmacy school to open? whats wrong with more schools?

why would you not want another pharmacy school to open? whats wrong with more schools?

Wait, seriously?

If you are serious, these new schools will flood the job market with pharmacists, and it'll be very hard to get a pharmacist job upon graduation (for example, look at lawyers now, many schools, not many jobs).

Hate to break it to you guys, they have gotten authorized for an on site visit this fall. But I guess we'll just have to see where that goes. Their on PharmCas too now

well, in my opinion, more pharmacists, dentists, doctors are a good thing..... why would you want less health care professionals serving the community??
I wouldnt worry about finding a job right now, id worry about getting into pharmacy school first.

I wouldnt worry about finding a job right now, id worry about getting into pharmacy school first.

Whats the point? If you were smart you would be taking it into consideration now, before you spend ridiculous amount of money on tuition. Whats the point of spending 4-6 years in pharm school and being anywhere from 50-200k in debt only to realize the lack of jobs?

choose your school/profession/loans wisely

Last edited:
well, in my opinion, more pharmacists, dentists, doctors are a good thing..... why would you want less health care professionals serving the community??

Well, people that are getting closer and closer to graduation are worried about getting a job, and jobs are becoming harder and harder to find. With a $100-200k loan, job prospects should be worried about.

Sure, more practicing pharmacists might be a good thing, but the same amount of practicing pharmacists and more people that are pharmacists that can't find a job is not a good thing. It's not like more jobs are specially created for pharmacy students that are in all these new schools.

Things were better in Illinois when UIC and MWU were the only 2 pharm schools and Blago was still our governor :laugh:.

Because they all flock to the already saturated, desirable areas. There may be an overall "shortage" of providers in the country, but not in places where most people actually want to live.

Done. I'm still worried.

anyone heard abt the interview/application process abt this school? any ideas? how do they consider retakes?