Rosalind Franklin BMS 2012-2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am also on the waitlist for George Town and Midwestern. My gpa is 3.0 and 31 MCAT. Have three years of research experience but not a lot of clinical experience. I would like to think that I got good LORs lol

I was wondering what people's stats on the waiting list were. Mine's a 3.0 and 27 mcat. I have decent EC's and LOR's. I see that people posting on the forum think the chances of getting in off the waitlist are very low. I didn't think so, but after I read some responses, I started to get a bit worried but for some reason I still feel like there are a significant amount of spots available. Any reason why you guys think there a minimal spots available now?

Both of you are right where you should be stats-wise. If you don't get in this round, make sure to apply as early as possible next cycle.

:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,
I recently got accepted to the BMS program. I was looking for a female roommate that was also interested in staying at Woodlands on Green Bay Apartments. PM me. And congrats to everyone that got accepted! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all who are accepted!:)

I wish to apply for BMS program for the next cycle but my stats are really really really bad cGPA 3.01 sGPA 2.72 MCAT 33O.

I volunteered at physician's office for 2 years and have done research during the summer in nuclear medicine for 4 months.

Do you guys think I have chance to get into the program? or maybe other SMP programs that has pretty good linkage?

Thank you

I wish to apply for BMS program for the next cycle but my stats are really really really bad cGPA 3.01 sGPA 2.72 MCAT 33O.

I volunteered at physician's office for 2 years and have done research during the summer in nuclear medicine for 4 months.

Do you guys think I have chance to get into the program? or maybe other SMP programs that has pretty good linkage?

Thank you

Take classes at a community college to boost your GPA before January and the apply early.

Thank you

Plenty of people with lower stats than you get accepted.

Anyone else looking for a place to live? PM me for details

any updates? acceptances, rejections? how are rejections given - email, snail mail, or do they just ignore you?

any updates? acceptances, rejections? how are rejections given - email, snail mail, or do they just ignore you?

Still waiting. I applied end of May and called in yesterday for a status update. They said it will take 2-3 more weeks to review it. Hang in there!

Good luck to everyone on the WL!

I will be an Orientation Advisor (OA) for the incoming BMS class, so if anyone has questions before Orientation, feel free as always to PM me.

Last edited:
App Complete 5/15, received my acceptance packet 6/22. It looks like it takes a while especially if you apply late like I did.

I just sent in my deposit, really looking forward to this program starting.

PM me if you need a roommate.

Members don't see this ad :)
App Complete 5/15, received my acceptance packet 6/22. It looks like it takes a while especially if you apply late like I did.

I just sent in my deposit, really looking forward to this program starting.

PM me if you need a roommate.

Congrats on the acceptance!!!!! If you don't mind me asking, how much is the initial deposit?

Applied: 4/20
Acceptance packet received: 6/23
Accepted: tonight

I turned down Tufts, Drexel, and VCU because RFU had the stronger linkage. Nervous/Excited. Can't wait for classes to start!

Congrats on the acceptance!!!!! If you don't mind me asking, how much is the initial deposit?

I know I'm not Scengineer, but the initial deposit was $100, which of course goes towards your tuition and which is also much less than the $500 deposit required from other schools!

Does anyone know the difference between phase 1 and 2 for 2 bedrooms and 1 bath apartments? Beside the fact that phase 2 is $9 more than phase 1. In addition, if any one lived there before, any comments about the apartment is appreciate it. Thank you in advance for your time and help!!! :)

what were your stats if you dont mind me asking?

sGPA 3.01
cGPA 3.1

after a years worth of post bac science classes @4.0, i really fooled around in undergrad and have had to pay for it now that i've decided to pursue medicine.

MCAT 33R (all 11s)
about 300 hours of volunteer experience as an EMT
and 2 years experience as a software engineer.

Good luck with everything.

I've heard people have gotten some kind of email about the background check and immunization info. I haven't received anything. Should I email them??? :(

I know I'm not Scengineer, but the initial deposit was $100, which of course goes towards your tuition and which is also much less than the $500 deposit required from other schools!

Not bad at all! Thanks a lot!

And again, congrats to those who have been accepted!

I've heard people have gotten some kind of email about the background check and immunization info. I haven't received anything. Should I email them??? :(

Yes, you should.

Tmrw is the deadline for immunizations and background check and I dont have my immunizations in order yet!!!!

Tmrw is the deadline for immunizations and background check and I dont have my immunizations in order yet!!!!

I emailed Melissa about immunizations and the background check today. She said she was in the process of sending out an email regarding that stuff. I'm sure they'll be flexible with the deadline.

Dont worry too much guys it seems that there are spots still open. I applied literally the day the app was due 6/1 and received my acceptance letter today. Im sure more will come out

Dont worry too much guys it seems that there are spots still open. I applied literally the day the app was due 6/1 and received my acceptance letter today. Im sure more will come out

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats?? I applied quite late as well and I haven't heard anything. :( :( so nervous/anxious!

sGPA-3.75
oGPA-3.75
MCAT-27Q and 28Q (8,8,11) (9,9,10)

Two years of research with publications and a good amount of volunteering and shadowing. I am also waitlisted at the medical school. I do not know if that has anything to do with it, but still hoping to get in there. If not I shall be seeing hopefully everyone in class come the fall.

I emailed Melissa about immunizations and the background check today. She said she was in the process of sending out an email regarding that stuff. I'm sure they'll be flexible with the deadline.
OK...good to know. I'm in Colorado and with all the crazy wildfires we had in the past weeks, it's nearly impossible to accomplish anything since everyone is still frantic about their personal lives.

I also applied on the last day and received a packet today. Did you get any sort of email notification or was the mail how you found out about acceptance? I'm a little worried I'm missing out on some important emails.

Sent from my Triumph using SDN Mobile

I found out by old school mail and have yet to receive any additional e-mails. I am sure they will be coming out shortly and if not within the next week, I will probably call them.

for the AMCAS applications, what should we put for the future course works?

Can people who were accepted after applying at/very close to the deadline maybe share their stats? Would be a great relief for those of us still waiting!

3.1 cumulative 2.85 sgpa 31R
Spent year after undergrad working in hospital as a on call dieticians assistant 32+ hours a week while doing informal post bac. Volunteered at same hospital prior to hiring. Undergrad Research assistant and part time job as disabled persons assistant during last year undergrad.

Sent from my Triumph using SDN Mobile

I received the acceptance packet today. 3.36c/3.25s/36L

Any guys out there want to go in on a 2BR/1BA or 2BR/2BA in woodlands?

I may be looking for a roomate. I think I am going to be renting this condo from a college friend of mine that went to Ros Frank. I am going to go look at it in a couple weeks and am getting all of the logistics together. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Hey guys! Was anyone aware that there was a minimum requirement on the MCAT score when applying into this program?

I am asking because I applied in early March and was encouraged by all of the recruiters and admissions people (from RFUMS) that I should apply to the BMS despite my low MCAT. I did not hear anything back from them until I decided to call this week and was notified that I was not accepted because "I did not meet the minimum MCAT score".

I have a cGPA 3.9 sGPA 3.8, with 3 years of internship work in an oncology clinic, 3 years of undergrad research (with soon to be published work), 2 years volunteering in a hospital, TONS of other extra curriculars (medical and non-medical), while working full time all throughout my undergrad career....

I am just very frustrated because obviously the only reason I was interested in this program because it specifically states on the RFUMS website that this bms program prepares students for professional schools (medical school). I spent months preparing the lengthy application, getting recommendation letters, and writing the essays and THEY DID NOT EVEN REVIEW MY APP BECAUSE OF MY LOW SCORE.

Did anyone else encounter this problem??

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Hey guys! Was anyone aware that there was a minimum requirement on the MCAT score when applying into this program?

I am asking because I applied in early March and was encouraged by all of the recruiters and admissions people (from RFUMS) that I should apply to the BMS despite my low MCAT. I did not hear anything back from them until I decided to call this week and was notified that I was not accepted because "I did not meet the minimum MCAT score".

I have a cGPA 3.9 sGPA 3.8, with 3 years of internship work in an oncology clinic, 3 years of undergrad research (with soon to be published work), 2 years volunteering in a hospital, TONS of other extra curriculars (medical and non-medical), while working full time all throughout my undergrad career....

I am just very frustrated because obviously the only reason I was interested in this program because it specifically states on the RFUMS website that this bms program prepares students for professional schools (medical school). I spent months preparing the lengthy application, getting recommendation letters, and writing the essays and THEY DID NOT EVEN REVIEW MY APP BECAUSE OF MY LOW SCORE.

Did anyone else encounter this problem??

Any feedback would be appreciated!
what was your mcat score? in my opinion, with that gpa and your ECs, you're better off spending time/money on improving your mcat score and if you can get it above 30 you should be able to get directly into an M1 spot somewhere

I completely agree with the above poster. MD2BHA has no business applying to a postbac, since their grades are very strong. Just spend 6 months and some $ on an EK/PR/Berkeley Review course and make sure to do all of the AAMC exams. After the MCAT has been taken, then have your PS ready by May to have time for proofreading and you should be fine :thumbup:

Some SMP's would have ran with your money, but I guess RFU has enough integrity not to :laugh:

MD2BHA:

Just retake the MCAT. Save yourself ~$50K.

I have tried everything in my power to do well on the mcat. I was enrolled in a 7 month Kaplan course and then studied on my own for about 5 months after I finished Kaplan. I did terrible! I have switched over to exam krackers now but I still don't feel confident in taking it anytime soon but I remain hopeful :)

Thanks to all for the input!! And congrates to all who got in :)

does anyone know when the program actually starts? as in what date?

Got my acceptance this past Sat.

It has been stressing me out all weekend. I have two acceptances, one for UMDNJ-RWJ and RFU BMS.

RFU costs about twice as much UMDNJ, and I would have to relocate to attend, but it seems that their linkage to Chicago Medical School is much stronger.

I don't think the UMDNJ program at RWJ would be considered a true SMP, but I'm a NJ resident

My info:
Non Trad
2.7 undergrad
3.96 post bacc
30 MCAT

applied to RFU BMS late May

I know I need to do something to supplement my horrible undergrad gpa, and mediocre MCAT. At this point a certain financial burden is to be expected, and I'd like to hedge my bets on my best chance at getting into medical school.

Is it safe to assume that doing well at RFU BMS will really only get you into RFU medical school?

Got my acceptance this past Sat.

It has been stressing me out all weekend. I have two acceptances, one for UMDNJ-RWJ and RFU BMS.

RFU costs about twice as much UMDNJ, and I would have to relocate to attend, but it seems that their linkage to Chicago Medical School is much stronger.

I don't think the UMDNJ program at RWJ would be considered a true SMP, but I'm a NJ resident

My info:
Non Trad
2.7 undergrad
3.96 post bacc
30 MCAT

applied to RFU BMS late May

I know I need to do something to supplement my horrible undergrad gpa, and mediocre MCAT. At this point a certain financial burden is to be expected, and I'd like to hedge my bets on my best chance at getting into medical school.

Is it safe to assume that doing well at RFU BMS will really only get you into RFU medical school?

Just curious if you were wait listed or had a direct acceptance.

I've heard that is good for only RFU'S but I would disagree as I've asked several adcom members at the med school I am at, as well as called several other schools, and they all have said that as long as the grades are high, it shows that you can handle med school so it works in your favor. That being said, several weigh your ugpa heavily and some don't. I'm not sure about how it works with non-residents, but with residents of Michigan, both Wayne State and Michigan State will look at your postbachlorette grades and replace your sgpa with its gpa if it's at least 20 credits. LSU does the same after 32 credits but only takes 40 OOS students/yr. I've heard Texas schools do something similar but I have heard its for residents only. I haven't verified Texas but have called to Verify MSU, WSU and LSU.

To hedge your bets, I'd recommend applying to WSU, LSU and MSU this cycle Because of the sgpa replacement, as well as do RFU BMS because of the high affiliation. That's what I'll be doing if I get off the waitlist. It's only money right? ;-)

Last edited:
It's only money right? ;-)

Ha! got to pay to play. (especially if you were a delinquent like me in undergrad)

Thanks for the info on those others schools. I was direct accepted, no waitlist.

As far as the gpa thing, I have 36 hrs of science from my post bacc, not a single one from undergrad. I think I would need about 100hrs at a 4.0 to make myself competitive... hence the SMP

As far as LSU, I would go DO or Carib before going back to New Orleans. Did my undergrad at TU; Katrina + a few other bad experiences = not a place for me.

Just thought I'd post this here from the FB group. Some of the students from last years class are saying the last set of acceptance letters went out this past Friday.

I'll hope to see some of you in the fall. To those on the wait list best of luck.

Just thought I'd post this here from the FB group. Some of the students from last years class are saying the last set of acceptance letters went out this past Friday.

I'll hope to see some of you in the fall. To those on the wait list best of luck.

can you post a link to the group?

Does that mean everyone else is rejected?

Does that mean everyone else is rejected?

I think it means that those letters were for regular admission and now they will shuffle through the waitlist? because according to melissa, waitlist can shift until orientation day. i am just scared.

I just visited last week. The phase 2 is a newer renovation. The apartments are overall brighter and nice looking. I would go with phase 2 if you can.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using SDN Mobile

I think it means that those letters were for regular admission and now they will shuffle through the waitlist? because according to melissa, waitlist can shift until orientation day. i am just scared.

I'm scared along with you! So nervewracking.... :scared: