Rosalind Franklin BMS 2013-2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know this post might be buried among all the current people who are applying/waitlisted but, I am very interested in this program. I was wondering if anyone knows when the earliest date to apply to this program is (as in RF BMS 2014-2015). I'm a rising senior who is in the middle of studying for the mcat.

Members don't see this ad.

I know this post might be buried among all the current people who are applying/waitlisted but, I am very interested in this program. I was wondering if anyone knows when the earliest date to apply to this program is (as in RF BMS 2014-2015). I'm a rising senior who is in the middle of studying for the mcat.

This information can be found on their website...

"The application for the class beginning in August 2014 will be available in October 2013."

They accepted people off the waitlist before June? All the threads i looked through no one even mentioned they were off the waitlist until July, I think. At the earliest late June.

My bad, I think you're right. I did went back to the old threads and saw someone who got accepted off the wait list on June 1st..

Members don't see this ad :)
You should be just fine.

Maybe. There are a couple of black marks from my past that I explained in an addendum. Hopefully they focus more on my recent work.

I just think because the applicants' profiles are so diverse, it's hard to gauge where I, or anyone, stand. I suppose I can only wait and see.

Last edited:
Anyone thinking of Woodlands apartments, they are horrible. Old apartments and poor management. Neighbors are loud and the management will walk into your apartment unannounced.

It's good because its so close to campus, but you guys should check our Navy Housing or Deer Valley (requires a car to get to campus).

Anyone thinking of Woodlands apartments, they are horrible. Old apartments and poor management. Neighbors are loud and the management will walk into your apartment unannounced.

It's good because its so close to campus, but you guys should check our Navy Housing or Deer Valley (requires a car to get to campus).
are you in phase 1 or phase 2? heard phase 2 is much better

Just withdrew my acceptance at RFU and gave up my Woodlands 1 bedroom. Hopefully either the acceptance or apt goes to one of you on the waitlist!

How does one go about looking into Navy Housing? I can't find anything online about rates, how to apply, etc.

For those who were accepted and plan to attend, what did the Financial Aid packages you received look like? All Federal Loans or you need to take any private loans? What do you think the real cost for the program will be (Factoring in everything)?

So has anyone from the waitlist heard anything yet? Whether they got accepted/rejected, how many spots are left, any news on anything, etc.

I tried contacting admissions regarding the waitlist, but haven't been able to get ahold of anyone. I am also wondering how full the class is and if/when they will start pulling people off the waitlist.

Has anyone had luck finding any information out from the admissions people?

So has anyone from the waitlist heard anything yet? Whether they got accepted/rejected, how many spots are left, any news on anything, etc.

Im guessing a wave of acceptances/wait-listings/rejections will go out tomorrow. I have nothing to substantiate this claim, except when my application was completed (last week of May) I received an email saying I would hear back in a few weeks. So hopefully, if not tomorrow, by the end of next week.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
How many spots you guys think there are left? I'm guessing around 40

I would guess around the same, however it seems they haven't even looked through the apps that came in at the deadline. So I expect seats to be given to those students over the next week or 2 and that number dropping significantly.

so what are you guys going to put on your amcas regarding what classes you are taking? Especially for the online track courses?

for you guys on the waitlist, can i ask what kind of stats you guys have?

Rejected today (was on wait list) - 2.95 / 30 MCAT.

Good luck to everyone else, I am almost kind of relieved TBH, I got into Midwestern awhile back and was stressing over what I would do / which one I would rather do if Rosalind Franklin accepted me after I was already settled in elsewhere.

Rejected today (was on wait list) - 2.95 / 30 MCAT.

Good luck to everyone else, I am almost kind of relieved TBH, I got into Midwestern awhile back and was stressing over what I would do / which one I would rather do if Rosalind Franklin accepted me after I was already settled in elsewhere.

How did you find out and did they give you any more details, if you don't mind me asking...

I am in a similar boat trying to decide what I should do in terms of starting to find housing at my backup school.

I got an e-mail that had the same header as the wait list one, "something something concerning your application to the BMS program". No details on why, just the generic copy/paste e-mail.

How did you find out and did they give you any more details, if you don't mind me asking...

I am in a similar boat trying to decide what I should do in terms of starting to find housing at my backup school.

I just gave them a call and found out I was waitlisted. 31 and 3.0 - sorry to hear that you got rejected with a 29... I heard their average was a 24 so I'm not sure why there aren't more acceptances. I found out all this through calling :(

Anyone know how the movement off the waitlist is? Hopefully it all works out

I just gave them a call and found out I was waitlisted. 31 and 3.0 - sorry to hear that you got rejected with a 29... I heard their average was a 24 so I'm not sure why there aren't more acceptances. I found out all this through calling :(

He was just asking me, I was the one who found out today.

The average class stats are here: http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/Degreeprograms/BiomedicalSciences/Class.aspx

yeah sorry man - i'm glad you have somewhere to go, i don't think i have anywhere to go unfortunately if i don't get accepted. Did you apply late - or what do you think was the weakness in your application?

I applied at the beginning of April I think. It's hard to say, my GPA is lower than the average and my MCAT is above, but perhaps the average numbers increased a lot due to an increase in high quality candidates. Had some volunteering / shadowing, but nothing crazy.

I applied at the beginning of April I think. It's hard to say, my GPA is lower than the average and my MCAT is above, but perhaps the average numbers increased a lot due to an increase in high quality candidates. Had some volunteering / shadowing, but nothing crazy.

sorry to hear again, wish the best for you going forward - does anyone know usually what the movement of the waitlist is like?

sorry to hear again, wish the best for you going forward - does anyone know usually what the movement of the waitlist is like?

Aye thanks hombre, it's all good though, I honestly didn't even feel upset when I saw the e-mail.

Your numbers are a bit higher than mine in each category so you should have a good shot.
And with that I depart this thread, good luck to the rest of you on the wait list, hope you get in.

website says their avg is a 28. not sure where you heard 24 from. from the looks of things it seems like half the class are the californians with stellar scores and couldnt get in because the UCs are tough to get into. a 24 seems pretty low considering basically every cali resident in the program has above a 30 mcat

website says their avg is a 28. not sure where you heard 24 from. from the looks of things it seems like half the class are the californians with stellar scores and couldnt get in because the UCs are tough to get into. a 24 seems pretty low considering basically every cali resident in the program has above a 30 mcat

I think he/she got 24 because it seemed from previous threads (and even this one) that a lot of students with low 20 MCAT scores got in. There was a huge discussion on people with low MCAT scores getting into CMS after the program. But you're right, the website says average is 28. Although I am guessing that average is for people who were accepted, not matriculated (so it would include people using the program as a backup)

I think he/she got 24 because it seemed from previous threads (and even this one) that a lot of students with low 20 MCAT scores got in. There was a huge discussion on people with low MCAT scores getting into CMS after the program. But you're right, the website says average is 28. Although I am guessing that average is for people who were accepted, not matriculated (so it would include people using the program as a backup)

I got a 24 from speaking with them on the phone... I think my problem is that I applied too late. Hopefully I'll get in though, maybe a letter of interest will be of help?

I got a 24 from speaking with them on the phone... I think my problem is that I applied too late. Hopefully I'll get in though, maybe a letter of interest will be of help?
weird, did you tell them on the website it says 28?

I don't think there's any movement on the wait list at all..

does that mean anyone on the waitlist now is screwd? haha i hope not

does that mean anyone on the waitlist now is screwd? haha i hope not

In previous threads you'll note there has been significant movement from the first week of July til the first few weeks of August. I wouldn't give up hope just yet. I would, however, invest in a few Costo-sized bottles of pepto bismol. This process is stressing me out.

In previous threads you'll note there has been significant movement from the first week of July til the first few weeks of August. I wouldn't give up hope just yet. I would, however, invest in a few Costo-sized bottles of pepto bismol. This process is stressing me out.

Yeah, I agree with you. They probably won't let anyone in from the wait list until end of June/July but it does sound like they're going to start reviewing people from the wait list since someone got rejected from the list already. This anticipation is a killer!!!

Does anyone know final stats of the percentage of this year's class which was accepted to CMS?

The waitlist last summer seemed to stop moving around July...and then moved quite a bit in August up until orientation week (some even got in AFTER orientation!). So, there's still a pretty good chance for anyone who are on the waitlist. Our BMS class started with 120 and by spring quarter, there were about 99 left. I don't know the exact number that got into CMS but I can tell you it's a large chunk. It all depends on the performance in your BMS courses which will vary from year to year.

The waitlist last summer seemed to stop moving around July...and then moved quite a bit in August up until orientation week (some even got in AFTER orientation!). So, there's still a pretty good chance for anyone who are on the waitlist. Our BMS class started with 120 and by spring quarter, there were about 99 left. I don't know the exact number that got into CMS but I can tell you it's a large chunk. It all depends on the performance in your BMS courses which will vary from year to year.
you mean the courses vary??! i thought it was the same classes every year!?

Is anyone here looking for a roommate? I haven't been able to get a room as of yet.

Hi. I'm a Canadian interested in SMP programs. I was wondering if any one attending the RFUMS BMS knew of any Canadians at the program? Thanks in advance!

Just got wait listed. Damn. Do they have a ranking on the wait list? Has anyone called and found out how far up or down they are?

Sounds like you got waitlisted because an SMP might not be right for you. Your GPA is "fine" and the reason you didn't get in this cycle was because of your MCAT. I think you should just retake MCAT, get a 32/33 and reapply.

Anybody recently hear anything besides waitlist (accept or reject) in last couple days? Looks like a couple people on here recently got waitlisted. I wonder if they waitlisted everyone who applied late or actually made some distinctions before deciding to waitlist these recent batch of applicants

Anybody recently hear anything besides waitlist (accept or reject) in last couple days? Looks like a couple people on here recently got waitlisted. I wonder if they waitlisted everyone who applied late or actually made some distinctions before deciding to waitlist these recent batch of applicants

I also applied late, and got waitlisted - so does this mean every spot is filled or what...

A few people on SDN, as well as on the Facebook group, have said something along the lines of, "If you get all A's and B's (the more A's the better,) you will get into the M.D. program, barring any behavior/personality issues that turn you off to the school. Getting C's is a no-no."

Can anyone else attest to this? I spoke with someone in the office who told me that "62% of the students who received interviews -- anyone who is in good academic standing in the program receives an interview -- got accepted into RFU's medical school." That 62% seemed a tad lower than some of the estimates given here. Does the "students who received interviews" population include people who got C's, perhaps explaining this lower number? Thanks to anyone who responds.

A few people on SDN, as well as on the Facebook group, have said something along the lines of, "If you get all A's and B's (the more A's the better,) you will get into the M.D. program, barring any behavior/personality issues that turn you off to the school. Getting C's is a no-no."

Can anyone else attest to this? I spoke with someone in the office who told me that "62% of the students who received interviews -- anyone who is in good academic standing in the program receives an interview -- got accepted into RFU's medical school." That 62% seemed a tad lower than some of the estimates given here. Does the "students who received interviews" population include people who got C's, perhaps explaining this lower number? Thanks to anyone who responds.
if i had to guess I would say the 62% includes EVERYONE who was enrolled in the program starting in the fall. People have dropped the program for a variety of reasons since then so the numbers seems lower than it actually it. Just my guess though. maybe someone in the program can chime in...

Does anyone here know how easy it is to sublet the woodlands apartment?

I am wondering the same thing.

Is there a period of time that accepted individuals have to respond before their acceptance is withdrawn?

Yeah I know it's 2 weeks after they receive their offer letter. But the deposit is relatively cheaper than other programs so people might just be paying that amount to have it as a safe alternative... Hopefully more people will get in to medical schools and give up their spots :scared: