Rosalind Franklin BMS 2014-2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
63/102 was what I was told.

And yes you are correct.

I just want to highlight that at the end of the day this program is still a gamble, a very large gamble.
I could go on for hours about this program, but my opinions are pretty much in line with others who have posted on this thread.
thanks for helping me out, i really thank you for the feedback :)..
yes after reading all the insight over the threads, i do now know it is indeed a big gamble, that is why i am applying this cycle to MD/DO/and other smp's. i will have a year off since i am applying so that is why i want to enroll in an smp this coming year while i wait to hear back from normal MD/DO. with that said would you still recommend RFU over G-towm/evms especially since i don't want a gap year at all (i am 23 now)..granted if i get into temple acms i will attend there...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
63/107 does not paint the entire picture.

you are leaving out the fact that some people got accepted but chose not to attend CMS.
Not all 103 applicants finished the BMS program.
Not all 103 applicants were trying to get into CMS.

with that said the things I mentioned only slightly changes the numbers. Majority of BMS are there to get into CMS.

63/107 does not paint the entire picture.

you are leaving out the fact that some people got accepted but chose not to attend CMS.
Not all 103 applicants finished the BMS program.
Not all 103 applicants were trying to get into CMS.

with that said the things I mentioned only slightly changes the numbers. Majority of BMS are there to get into CMS.
so technically what you are saying is positive for BMS->CMS? since more than that 63 number got in to CMS but chose not to attend. this is also positive right?..since some people get into other med schools too.
you are trying to say 63 doesn't paint the picture as in higher probability ot CMS than the 63/107 number suggests??? i hope so.. thats good news if so :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to share some info...

The Class of 2014 started off with ~130, out of those ~107 finished the program. There are 56 current M1A's (former BMS excluding PMP). Of the 56, I think ~7 of those were eventually accepted from the waitlist (so 49 matriculants before June 9th). The 63 number is probably the total acceptances so 7 other students who were accepted to CMS most likely chose to attend other allopathic schools. People who didn't get into CMS got into Osteopathic schools, Pharmacy, Podiatry as backups. However, nearly everyone who did BMS last year was aiming for CMS. As I've already stated to those who PM'ed me, even though the number of acceptances to CMS is going down, this is currently one of the best SMP programs that matriculates the highest number of students into its host medical school (I don't think any other M.D. school even accepts this many from a SMP program). The program is definitely a big 50k gamble, which is why you want to do your best and work extremely hard to get A's in program. Even then, I know several people who received A's and B's and were straight up rejected and/or waitlisted and never got in.

Just wanted to share some info...

The Class of 2014 started off with ~130, out of those ~107 finished the program. There are 56 current M1A's (former BMS excluding PMP). Of the 56, I think ~7 of those were eventually accepted from the waitlist (so 49 matriculants before June 9th). The 63 number is probably the total acceptances so 7 other students who were accepted to CMS most likely chose to attend other allopathic schools. People who didn't get into CMS got into Osteopathic schools, Pharmacy, Podiatry as backups. However, nearly everyone who did BMS last year was aiming for CMS. As I've already stated to those who PM'ed me, even though the number of acceptances to CMS is going down, this is currently one of the best SMP programs that matriculates the highest number of students into its host medical school (I don't think any other M.D. school even accepts this many from a SMP program). The program is definitely a big 50k gamble, which is why you want to do your best and work extremely hard to get A's in program. Even then, I know several people who received A's and B's and were straight up rejected and/or waitlisted and never got in.
thank you for the summary! i will wait and see how this year's class does in sliding in to CMS, I wonder why people with A's and B's were rejected? was it low mcat's and other criteria, because i don't see why they would be rejected because of undergrad gpa since they did well in the SMP, wouldn't you presume it's because of something other than undergrad gpa, wouldn't you?

Hi guys! If you are interested in living on campus in Woodlands, feel free to contact me. We are looking for a subletter for the Master bedroom/bathroom in a 2brdm apartment. Available asap. Thanks! [email protected]

Hey guys when did the BMS program send out acceptances last cycle (I guess this cycle for you guys)?

Also do they see the final year grades for a student in their final year? I know for sure they probably see the Fall grades.

Hey guys when did the BMS program send out acceptances last cycle (I guess this cycle for you guys)?

Also do they see the final year grades for a student in their final year? I know for sure they probably see the Fall grades.
First wave of acceptances for the 2014-15 BMS class came out in February if I remember correctly. You can find out for yourself if you go back that far in this thread. And yes you need to send your last semesters grades before orientation starts to make sure you graduated with a bachelors.

Reactions: 1 user
Lots of acceptances between Feb-May. Do not get discouraged if you get waitlisted. I was waitlisted and actually started another smp in the summer, got off the waitlist in July and migrated to Chicago. Sometimes it is surprising who gets waitlisted and who doesn't. So don't worry if you do, I know a good 30 people who got in off the waitlist.

Lots of acceptances between Feb-May. Do not get discouraged if you get waitlisted. I was waitlisted and actually started another smp in the summer, got off the waitlist in July and migrated to Chicago. Sometimes it is surprising who gets waitlisted and who doesn't. So don't worry if you do, I know a good 30 people who got in off the waitlist.
Wow, that's quite the roller coaster ride. Thanks both of you for replying.

Another question for past BMSers: What's with the Inorganic prereq requirement? Is it just General chem they're asking for? (i.e. 1st year chemistry with lab)

Another question for past BMSers: What's with the Inorganic prereq requirement? Is it just General chem they're asking for? (i.e. 1st year chemistry with lab)
Unless something has changed, yes. 1 year of gen chem with lab.

Unless something has changed, yes. 1 year of gen chem with lab.
So has it always said "Inorganic chemistry with lab?"
someone needs to edit their site -_-

So has it always said "Inorganic chemistry with lab?"
someone needs to edit their site -_-
Tomorrow I'll look and see if I have print outs or some other form of what it said last year and let you know. My guess is yes. Honestly I don't know why it's different from the CMS requirements (in wording) though. To some people, inorganic = not organic = gen chem, so maybe that's it. Also I don't think this page has been updated for a while. All the stats are the same as a few years ago. (They may be about the same, but I doubt the exact averages didn't change at all.)

Edit: On the application from last year it says, "2) general/inorganic chemistry (may also include quantitative and/or qualitative analysis)"

Last edited:
sweet thanks!

Tomorrow I'll look and see if I have print outs or some other form of what it said last year and let you know. My guess is yes. Honestly I don't know why it's different from the CMS requirements (in wording) though. To some people, inorganic = not organic = gen chem, so maybe that's it. Also I don't think this page has been updated for a while. All the stats are the same as a few years ago. (They may be about the same, but I doubt the exact averages didn't change at all.)

Edit: On the application from last year it says, "2) general/inorganic chemistry (may also include quantitative and/or qualitative analysis)"

I am on the waitlist for this SMP. If I am accepted, what would I have to do to get a loan? How does the process work? I haven't filled out a FAFSA yet, should I go ahead and do that now in case I am accepted in June/July? Or, would you recommend waiting until I am accepted to fill out a FAFSA (until say... July)? It says the federal deadline to file a FAFSA is june 30th for this year. Does this mean that I will not be eligible to get a loan for this $50k program if I don't fill it out before that? If anyone knows the answers to these questions, please share your thoughts/responses...

Hello,
I'm a Canadian with a 3.55 cgpa and 3.3 sgpa. I'm going to write my mcat in early jan of 2016.

1) I wanted to know my chances of getting into this SMP.

2) I was wondering if they were any Canadian students in your smp. Did they get into CMS?

3) Does CMS discriminate against BMSers who are Canadian when you apply for their med school?