Rosalind Franklin vs. Midwestern School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agonza79

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi-

I have been accepted into both Rosalind Franklin and Midwestern and I was wondering if there is anything specific about either that makes one better than the other. I am having a really hard time deciding which school to attend because I liked both of them a lot. I was wondering if someone has been in a similar situation and might have some insight.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Midwestern hands down. The Rosalind Franklin students we've had are mostly duds. They took pharmacology taught by the podiatry faculty at the school and can tell you where to inject lidocaine in the foot, but have no idea the difference between hypertension medications.

Reactions: 1 users
Midwestern hands down. The Rosalind Franklin students we've had are mostly duds. They took pharmacology taught by the podiatry faculty at the school and can tell you where to inject lidocaine in the foot, but have no idea the difference between hypertension medications.
That's helps! Thank you. Just out of curiosity, what field of pharmacy do you work in?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Inpatient clinical specialty

MWU all day every day
thanks! And your reasoning? Just so I can get a better idea of each school.
Because midwestern has been around for decades, with established faculty, programs and connections, whereas RF is just a diploma factory to cash in on all the kids applying to pharmacy school.

Hi I'm a P1 at RFUMS, although I respect your option I've had nothing but great experiences here. The classes are inter-professional, pharmacology is taught by an excellent PhD scientist. Our pharmacotherapy courses are taught by clinical faculty who taught and were preceptors at a variety of pharmacy schools before coming to RFUMS including UIC, Rutgers, Univ of Tenn, and North Carolina. Likewise we have a great variety of leadership opportunities including student organizations and university committees. All students also receive lots of experience in clinical settings. Sorry if you had a bad experience with an RFUMS student but most of us are pretty good :)

Hi-

I have been accepted into both Rosalind Franklin and Midwestern and I was wondering if there is anything specific about either that makes one better than the other. I am having a really hard time deciding which school to attend because I liked both of them a lot. I was wondering if someone has been in a similar situation and might have some insight.

Thanks!

How long did it take Rosalind to get back to you after your interview? Was it a phone call or an email? I interviewed last week and I'm so nervous

Hi I'm a P1 at RFUMS, although I respect your option I've had nothing but great experiences here. The classes are inter-professional, pharmacology is taught by an excellent PhD scientist. Our pharmacotherapy courses are taught by clinical faculty who taught and were preceptors at a variety of pharmacy schools before coming to RFUMS including UIC, Rutgers, Univ of Tenn, and North Carolina. Likewise we have a great variety of leadership opportunities including student organizations and university committees. All students also receive lots of experience in clinical settings. Sorry if you had a bad experience with an RFUMS student but most of us are pretty good :)

You don't know what you don't know yet as a P1. Try again as a P3

Reactions: 1 user
We had what we thought was the worst student we've ever had from RFU on APPE....but then they sent us one who was even worse! Zero knowledge, zero professionalism, zero work ethic... Wishing we had the first one back.

Reactions: 1 user
Not a P3 yet but already a P2! I have successfully completed the community IPPE and feel ready to start my hospital IPPE. So far we had lots of exposure and focus on professionalism and I do not feel any bit unprofessional when I am talking to patients or preceptors. With that being said, my preceptor often mentioned that I have outstanding professional behavior. Now we are fully accredited with an 80% match rate for residency, which is higher than the 60% national average. I highly recommend anyone thinking about RFUMS to come out and visit the school to get the most objective opinion. On your visit you will interact with current students and this will be your most honest response to any questions.