Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fallen625

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on the Rosalind Franklin Clinical Psych PhD program? I am particularly interested in what their funding looks like

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there last year, and I liked the school itself and the specific faculty I wanted to work with but their funding was 0. The tuition wasn't overly expensive (not like PsyD expensive at least) but Chicago is a very costly place to live.

Is their Masters in Clinical Counselling good?

If you look based on the students accepted, it was only a bit above 3.0gpa. (the students had only a 2.7gpa in science courses)

Does anyone have any information on the Rosalind Franklin Clinical Psych PhD program? I am particularly interested in what their funding looks like

From where I worked and study in NYC, Rosalind Franklin's program in quite respectable with some high-integrity research going on there. I don't know about funding, but it seems shocking that they don't offer any funding. There was one PI that I interacted with there and she seemed to have some major funding for her studies, but perhaps the funding was for running her lab and not the clinical psych PhD students' training. With that said, I would look more closely at the POIs that you may want to work with because maybe funding could be research area-specific. (I don't know if programs work like that though. Most programs that I know offer funding packages to all their students, although the percentage may vary with POI, e.g. I received more funding than some of the others in my cohort group because of the POI/research advisor I worked with in my first few years.)