rosalind franklin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bullishMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone been able to get a hold of rosalind franklin to check their status. I have been complete there since the 1st week of august and i havent heard anything since that complete email.

Members don't see this ad.

I received my 'your file is complete' e-mail at the beginning of Sept and was wondering what's going on. This afternoon I received a second e-mail restating that my file was complete and that it was sent out for primary screening.

So I got en email from RFU, and I assumed eh probly another rejection....but it said I was complete and passed the primary screening for an interview invite, but not guaranteed an interview. UMm is that good, or do a lot of ppl end up passing?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I got en email from RFU, and I assumed eh probly another rejection....but it said I was complete and passed the primary screening for an interview invite, but not guaranteed an interview. UMm is that good, or do a lot of ppl end up passing?

I got the same email stating that I had passed the primary screening and was in a pool of applicants to which an interview may be extended to, but not guaranteed. I think it is a pre-interview hold. :(

yeah, i was able to get my status. Rejected! :eek:

haven't heard a thing! I might try emailing them...

It took them over two months to recongize my letters and post me as being complete. In this time, they sent me two emails asking to submit the rest of my materials, even though I called both times to make sure they already had them. They did, just never got put in my file until 8 weeks after submission!

I think they are just very backed up and losing organization over there. I was finally complete at the beginning of October, but still have not been contacted to be told I am being sent for screening or anything else for that matter :(

They just put me in the not good enough to interview right now, but good -enough-to-not-outright-reject hold pile.

I've heard nothing from this school beyond my application is complete. No sign of an interview nor denial ...

I think they are just very backed up and losing organization over there. I was finally complete at the beginning of October, but still have not been contacted to be told I am being sent for screening or anything else for that matter :(

I wouldn't be surprised. There were over 13,000 applications last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I still can't believe they renamed the school to attempt to garner more respect from others. Seriously wtf, Rosalind Franklin had nothing to do with them, and she was not a community conscious scientist. In fact, she was an abrasive women with few friends and cared little of events outside of her research. I mean a school is named after Albert Einstein, but at least he was a person who cared enormously about the world and the direction that technology was headed.

It just seem like they randomly picked a controversial person to name their school after just because her name is pretty famous. Chicago Medical School, which the admissions committee refer to themselves as, sounds much better.

I was complete 9/28, and received an interview invitation on 10/23, so some gears must still be ticking at the admissions office!

I just received an e-mail from them too, stating that I passed the primary screening. Does this mean a pre-interview hold?

Ditto. Has anyone received an interview offer outright? Is this like the pre-interview offer letter from VCU? Eep!

I received an interview offer without that other email. But, I did find the interview offer in my spam mail, so perhaps I did get the first email and didn't see it. I've been having major issues with my email account!

Anyone know when CMS will next meet to make decisions?

i was complete 8.20.07, nothing for 2 months, and out of nowhere interview offered on 10.27.07. so if your lost, i guess its okay. i didnt get anything in between that 2 month time period.

I actually called and go through their impenetrable voicemail system. They recommended I email them, which I did. They responded within an hour so you guys should try that.

I still can't believe they renamed the school to attempt to garner more respect from others. Seriously wtf, Rosalind Franklin had nothing to do with them, and she was not a community conscious scientist. In fact, she was an abrasive women with few friends and cared little of events outside of her research. I mean a school is named after Albert Einstein, but at least he was a person who cared enormously about the world and the direction that technology was headed.

It just seem like they randomly picked a controversial person to name their school after just because her name is pretty famous. Chicago Medical School, which the admissions committee refer to themselves as, sounds much better.

I'm pretty sure they renamed it after being put on accreditation probation a few years back, probably to distance themselves from the old name...I believe Drexel did the same thing a few years ago, changing from the 'Medical College of Pennsylvania'...

i heard nothing from them since i was completed... i was completed around late sept.

They didn't rename the school "to attempt to garner more respect from others", they renamed it because the school underwent a reconstruction of their mission/vision/image and yes, probably also to distance themselves from the previous era. But they did not pick her randomly - the discovery of the structure of DNA is arguably the most significant in medical history, she was a strong (yeah, you can use other words too) intelligent woman in a time when it was particularly impressive, and her life and career were ironically cut short. She seems to symbolize the sober responsibility of "progressive" pretty well, I think; no one ever said a person had to be a philanthropist to have something named after them. I don't see why it's so crazy to name the university in the spirit I described above.

So anyone know what does this primary screening mean?

i was complete 8.20.07, nothing for 2 months, and out of nowhere interview offered on 10.27.07. so if your lost, i guess its okay. i didnt get anything in between that 2 month time period.

Was the invite by email, snail mail, or phone call? Congrats on the invite!

I am not a resident of IL, but have gotten no love yet. Rosalind Franklin sent me an e-mail about over a month ago saying I was complete, but zilch also. Perhaps they are trying to bolster their rep by becoming more competitive this year?

Being put into a smaller pool from which people are granted interviews is a GOOD THING. It is not a pre-interview hold! Passing the primary screening is clearly a positive sign.

Anyway, I haven't heard any thing from them yet.

Being put into a smaller pool from which people are granted interviews is a GOOD THING. It is not a pre-interview hold! Passing the primary screening is clearly a positive sign.

Anyway, I haven't heard any thing from them yet.

How do you know? How sure are you of this?

maybe its a formaility....i'll be shocked if i actually get an interview.

I am not a resident of IL, but have gotten no love yet. Rosalind Franklin sent me an e-mail about over a month ago saying I was complete, but zilch also. Perhaps they are trying to bolster their rep by becoming more competitive this year?

record number of applicants last year, so it's simply harder to get into ANY school. but, the school does seem to be attracting applicants with higher numbers. Students are starting to realize that its a good school even though it doesn't have the name recognition of Harvard. seriously though, you hear Stroger or Cook County Hospital on the news 50 times a day. And Lutheran General is amazing. RFU simply doesn't share the name of its affilate hospitals, so you dont hear about it. Honestly, I can't recall hearing anything about the actual schools at Loyola or Rush...but you do hear the names of the hospitals all the time.

i got rejected and then a few weeks later they offered me an interview

I've never heard of this happening before. Looks like there are a lot of new things occurring this app cycle.

I passed the primary screen about three weeks ago. Has anyone received this e-mail and actually gotten an invite?? If so, how long was it after getting the e-mail regarding the primary screen? In the same regard, if I had an acceptance for each time I've passed a primary screen, I'd be one hell of a happy man, lol. Oh well...what can ya do???

Prepare yourself for the inevitable question: "Why would you want to go to a school that rejected you?"

Same with me, I've received so many pre-interview holds! They have never amounted to anything for me. I was complete at RFU 11-8! I'm in for a long wait!! How long does it take for them to review your file after being complete??

Was the invite by email, snail mail, or phone call? Congrats on the invite!

sorry for the late reply, but it was by email. i will be withdrawing from the interview though, so hopefully that will open up spots!

Same with me, I've received so many pre-interview holds! They have never amounted to anything for me. I was complete at RFU 11-8! I'm in for a long wait!! How long does it take for them to review your file after being complete??

Were they a late add for you or just extremely slow in sending you a complete notice?

Do they do a presecondary screen or are you guys talking about getting the screened interview invite? I still have to complete the secondary and send it in so I was just wondering.

sorry, i know i am light years behind you guys, but i turned in my secondary in early october ( i needed time to find out what a life in discovery meant to me, you see). how long does it take until they mark you as complete?

I got an interview invite in October through email.... withdrew the school so there is hope for whomever would like to go there.... wary of the probation thing at the school.

sorry, i know i am light years behind you guys, but i turned in my secondary in early october ( i needed time to find out what a life in discovery meant to me, you see). how long does it take until they mark you as complete?

It took them about 3 weeks for me.

hm, best way to contact them is through e-mail? maybe i should do that after thanksgiving.

hm, best way to contact them is through e-mail? maybe i should do that after thanksgiving.

They took over 2 weeks to respond to an email I sent them so I think calling them would be better.

dang. thanks :thumbup: i just sent an e-mail, but i won't wait around too long for a reply before calling.

i sent in my whole supp and money two weeks ago, and received the email telling me i was complete today. harass them.. that is what i did.. after receiving two replies that i was incomplete one at 9am today, i finally got a file complete email at 11am today.. so i think after i contacted them they may have just went and found my things..

It was about a week for me. Sent it in Oct 23 and got the "complete" email on Oct 31. It took me awhile to figure out what to write for that essay too.

I got the "Your file is complete and has passed a primary screening" email on Oct 23, one month after my file was marked complete. Still haven't heard anything yet.

(Sorry, I can't help but use this image again. :laugh:)
customer_service_desk_sleeping.gif