Roseman curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jamm_orthodontics

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can any Roseman students speak to the level of rigor of the dental curriculum? I ask because even though grading is P/F, a pass is a 90% or above.
Do many students end up doing remediation because of this?
Do you feel more prepared to pass boards and practice dentistry due to this 90% pass rate?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Can any Roseman students speak to the level of rigor of the dental curriculum? I ask because even though grading is P/F, a pass is a 90% or above.
Do you feel more prepared to pass boards and practice dentistry due to this 90% pass rate?
Thanks!
Bump

Thanks!

This is just one student's opinion, but I'd say that there are still standards we are expected to meet/exceed. As with any other program out there, there are things that could be improved upon, which is why Roseman constantly optimizes their curriculum every year. Yup, they are constantly tweaking it to make improvements based on the previous/current students' whining and because technology/research is always being updated. I've never attended any other dental school, but I do feel challenged in our blocks. It would definitely depend on who you ask, since some of this stuff just comes very easily to some of my classmates! Some blocks were harder than others (immunology, maybe 25% of our class remediated) but if we missed the 90% the first time around, it was usually by 1 or 2 questions. People usually pass the second time around. The times that I've remediated, I definitely understood the material better the second time around, and I felt way more confident about stuff from those blocks when I was studying for Part 1. The block system is really helpful for me (may not be the case for all students), because it's nice to not have to worry about other classes as well. Each block lasts around 2-3 weeks, depending on what we are covering. There are maybe like 1 or 2 students that make remediation out to be a bad thing, but those of us who have remediated thought it was especially helpful for board prep, even though sometimes it kind of stinks to study again when you would rather enjoy your 3 1/2 day weekend. I can't say for part 2 yet, but as far as feeling prepared for part 1 boards, I don't think that there's anything that would have made me feel prepared for boards, and from whining about it with students at other programs, I gather that's a pretty normal feeling. It's too soon to say if I feel more prepared to practice since I'm just a D2. Hope this helps!